Utah!

Pics
I might be interested in some of those chickens (maybe, even a duck or two) if they are still available.

50 chickens might be difficult to stay "under the radar". Are you looking to sell eggs or just raise them for yourself? If they are all hens, you are looking at about 3 dozen a day once they start laying.

What part of Utah did you visit? Here in Southern Utah, we have August and Summer.
smile.png

Mine aren't all hens, and there's no need to stay under the radar in Fillmore. My neighbors all know I have my poultry--as do several others within a block of me, other neighbors have horses, cows, sheep, etc, so it's no big deal here--but I put them way back on the property, so there's a good 150' to anyone else's house from my coops. I have some boys in there for breeding, but they'll mostly be hens, and I hope to sell some hatching eggs and chicks in addition to 1eggs for eating. Right now three dozen eggs a day sounds great when the six hens who have been laying all year are putting out 3-4 eggs a week--total! Darn birds. I'm hoping to find somewhere to have my 20 week old cockerels processed ASAP, then when everyone's feathers have grown back, I'll add a light to the coop to see if we can get a few more eggs coming.

Hello Heather. I was meaning the radar thing to zachslc. I did direct the question about the bantams and possibly the ducks to you. Does your neighbor still have them?

How do you like Fillmore? I've been thinking about moving that direction. Mostly, been thinking about Millford/Delta or somewhere along those lines.

My dream is to find a little place off the beaten path and set up a little "family farm" and practice some sustainable living.

That's too bad about your current layers not giving you more eggs. With six you ought to get around four a day. What type do you have? Was that all they were doing through the spring and summer?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hey fellow Utahns!
wink.png
hope you have fun around BYC, if you need any horses trained or anything, I'm always ready for a challange
cool.png
lol
gig.gif
I also have some for sale... Just pm me!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom