Utah!

I had a death Tuesday. Ruby never recovered. I feel like never owning birds again, I failed so miserably. I have enough sense to do otherwise but... I feel like you guys will hate me now. I promised to give a good home to Ruby and she died. >.<

On the bright side, I got more eggs in, they seem to be developing just fine... And my Brahmas and the others are doing great...

*runs and hides within the walls of deviantART*

I had a death Tuesday. Ruby never recovered. I feel like never owning birds again, I failed so miserably. I have enough sense to do otherwise but... I feel like you guys will hate me now. I promised to give a good home to Ruby and she died. >.<

On the bright side, I got more eggs in, they seem to be developing just fine... And my Brahmas and the others are doing great...

*runs and hides within the walls of deviantART*

Oh I am so sorry. What happened to her? I'm not mad. Things happen

Pancake- I'm speechless. What happened?

First baby!! Seven others have pips! It's gonna be a busy night!

Oh I am so sorry.  What happened to her?  I'm not mad.  Things happen

I had her separated from the other hens. Something happened, the dividing panel fell and she got picked on really badly. As soon as I found out I took extra precautions and separated her... I'm guessing that's why she died but I'm not sure. I tried to help her recover, but she wasn't moving around much even the day before, though she seemed to be getting a little better the day before... Thanks for understanding though. I feel really bad.

Last edited:
HAPPY BDAY Blujems !!!
smile.png

Birthday Blujems?

Red, I would be leaving for Sanpete on Friday, May 24 in the afternoon.

That double yolker duck egg is awesome!

rlh1, yay for chirps! I hope your hatch is fantastic.

SillyMcCoy, I really wish you could keep those little guys, they are so cute.

Sasha, yay for live duck eggs!!!

Happy Birthday BluJems!!

Lisa, that silkie is so beautiful. I need a silkie.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the thoughts....Been a trying week with 2 trips to the ER....the last one this morning. But I had a wonderful lunch with my daughter and a good nap this afternoon. Hopefully the next week will be better.

Aww, Cindy! I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad week. :( I do wish you a happy birthday, though!

Lisa, cute baby! I hope she gets a friend soon, too!

So I put the Serama adults outside today in an ex-pen within the chicken run. Went to Ogden, came home and had 2 bloody roosters. Clay and the White Serama roo decided they DID. NOT. LIKE. EACH. OTHER. Fought through the fence. Clay had little bloody scabs all over his comb and wattles, and is missing a toe nail. The White roo (whom I still need to name...he kind of looks like a Sylvester to me, but I'm not keen on the name!) had a pretty chewed up comb, a small piece of wattle missing and a couple little scrapes on his feet/legs. Baffled me because the white roo lives with a black Serama roo and they get along just fine. Clay must have been looking for trouble, because my chicken run is quite large and there was PLENTY of room for Clay to avoid the Seramas.
So both boys got a bath and some ointment. I'm concerned about the white roo...he has a little bit of ooze coming out of his left nostril and is breathing through his mouth. However, he does still have the energy to crow. I'll take that as a good sign. Clay is back out with his girls, but I've made a space for the white roo in the house for now. Fingers crossed!

Aww, Cindy! I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad week. :( I do wish you a happy birthday, though!

Lisa, cute baby! I hope she gets a friend soon, too!

So I put the Serama adults outside today in an ex-pen within the chicken run. Went to Ogden, came home and had 2 bloody roosters. Clay and the White Serama roo decided they DID. NOT. LIKE. EACH. OTHER. Fought through the fence. Clay had little bloody scabs all over his comb and wattles, and is missing a toe nail. The White roo (whom I still need to name...he kind of looks like a Sylvester to me, but I'm not keen on the name!) had a pretty chewed up comb, a small piece of wattle missing and a couple little scrapes on his feet/legs. Baffled me because the white roo lives with a black Serama roo and they get along just fine. Clay must have been looking for trouble, because my chicken run is quite large and there was PLENTY of room for Clay to avoid the Seramas.
So both boys got a bath and some ointment. I'm concerned about the white roo...he has a little bit of ooze coming out of his left nostril and is breathing through his mouth. However, he does still have the energy to crow. I'll take that as a good sign. Clay is back out with his girls, but I've made a space for the white roo in the house for now. Fingers crossed!

Darn there goes his show career. Be sure to treat the roo right away as Seramas are pretty fragile and can die pretty quickly

Doing some more liqudation. Does anyone want out button quail. We will sell them and the terrarium they live in which is $200.00 for $150.00 That also includes the rocks tunnels and vegetation. I also have some quail eggs if someone wants them for hatching,

Well that hatch is over...the final result is two silkies. No SG. I opened the other eggs, one black SG, three white or paint SG, all dead in shell, either internally pipped or upside down. The only two silkies are the ones that hatched, how is that for luck, sheesh! Poor babies. So I am thinking if I could find a white Silkie hen to put with my SG roo, then I could just try to hatch more myself. Anyone know of white silkie pullets/hens available in UT? I have got to quit buying eggs :rolleyes: I am going to wait to sell these until I know I can find one...I could try these if one is a girl but I am pretty sure they are both splash, they do not look like paint they have a lot of grayish areas and yellow more like splash.

Last edited:
Well that hatch is over...the final result is two silkies. No SG. I opened the other eggs, one black SG, three white or paint SG, all dead in shell, either internally pipped or upside down. The only two silkies are the ones that hatched, how is that for luck, sheesh! Poor babies. So I am thinking if I could find a white Silkie hen to put with my SG roo, then I could just try to hatch more myself. Anyone know of white silkie pullets/hens available in UT? I have got to quit buying eggs
roll.png
I am going to wait to sell these until I know I can find one...I could try these if one is a girl but I am pretty sure they are both splash, they do not look like paint they have a lot of grayish areas and yellow more like splash.
Lisa, there is a guy in alpine that has posted on ksl a flock of Silkies. He has 4 hens and one rooster. 2 hens are white. The one picture he shows of his white looks really good. I have been temped to call him. The one he shows doesn't seem to be bearded. Isn't that what you want for SG?

Back
Top Bottom