Utah!

Just candled the eggs from my orange NN and paint SG rooster Vinnie. Also a few eggs from another hen and Vinnie. We are on day 6...All are developing! Yay! I am saving more eggs if anybody wants some for fun.

I have lots of quail eggs going too, a guy has a standing order for batches of 20 at a time, but they might not be fertile, I cannot tell yet. Will see! Those little things lay like crazy. 26 eggs last week from 4 girls!

Oh another not so fun update on my flock....I heard a little crow out there this afternoon. Cannot figure out who it is! DANG!

Sundance there is still a chance it could be that frizzle....will let you know. It was standing there looking rather guilty. Also an EE that is on my not-so-sure list was hanging out in the area it came from. The hunt is on.

Just candled the eggs from my orange NN and paint SG rooster Vinnie. Also a few eggs from another hen and Vinnie. We are on day 6...All are developing! Yay! I am saving more eggs if anybody wants some for fun.

I have lots of quail eggs going too, a guy has a standing order for batches of 20 at a time, but they might not be fertile, I cannot tell yet. Will see! Those little things lay like crazy. 26 eggs last week from 4 girls!
Wow... that's a few eggs!!
gig.gif

Congrats on the developing eggs!!!
yesss.gif

This morning I have guinea keets hatching
jumpy.gif
.... looks like my bi-racial pair are fertile.... two pearl/white mix babies so far. The pearl pair that are a bit older have been very busy, as most the babies are pure pearl, that I've had so far. One sky blue hatched in the past and I should have kept it, but the woman was determined to purchase it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
fl.gif
for more, plus need some whites to survive. Two more eggs are pipping and one is rolling around like the keet is on an amusement ride. Have another 12 set to hatch in 2 weeks, along with some from my BOs. Will just be hatching guineas after that until they stop laying for the season. Think they have a laying season
roll.png
.... will have to wait and see. Not too concerned to research it.

Keets I can sell, all others are just eating and growing.... think Cal Ranch's new supply of chicks plus their feed sale has hurt me. Oh well, people here will buy older.... sold out of my 8 week olds like they were gold.

Wish my little keets luck!!
fl.gif

Oh another not so fun update on my flock....I heard a little crow out there this afternoon. Cannot figure out who it is! DANG!

Sundance there is still a chance it could be that frizzle....will let you know. It was standing there looking rather guilty. Also an EE that is on my not-so-sure list was hanging out in the area it came from. The hunt is on.
LOL.... oh no, Detective Casa on the job!!!
lau.gif

Brian, that Dominique has a longer tail than mine!  So help me, they better not have stuck a male in that order! Other than the leghorns..  That sex link is really looking pretty.  I think it has the more red I was looking for..lol..you got the one with more color.  Very pretty.  Is that black NN still going to Lisa?
the dominique I think is looking pretty girly I think.... well compared to the leghorns. Yes the black nn is going to lisa. I was going to take it to her this past weekend but I had car problems and had to replace the radiator and thermostat. The Dominique and 2 of the BO's are going to Amber in layton. Will have to wait til this friday to be able to drive them to their homes. I should have kept the light golden sexlink I gave to karen

the dominique I think is looking pretty girly I think.... well compared to the leghorns. Yes the black nn is going to lisa. I was going to take it to her this past weekend but I had car problems and had to replace the radiator and thermostat. The Dominique and 2 of the BO's are going to Amber in layton. Will have to wait til this friday to be able to drive them to their homes. I should have kept the light golden sexlink I gave to karen
Brian, I told you if you want those 2 chicks back, just come over and get them. I can always run down to Cal Ranch and get a new one if needed. Please don't feel bad, your more then welcome to have them back. I just hope you get your house, so you can keep them all.

Another small egg today however broken, it looks like she laid while on the roost and it also seemed to have a soft shell. Hopefully she'll get the hang of this soon giving me nice large white eggs in the nest box :)

Sara, I definitely am driving to Spanish Fork/Springville today. I'll PM my phone number. Text me so we can make arrangements to meet. With denagard, you don't have to toss eggs, which is really nice. It's added to the water. You can use it to treat or prevent, and either way, it's safe to eat the eggs.

Lisa, oh no on a crow! I can't believe you got 26 eggs in a week from 4 quail. CRAZY good laying.

Desert, so sorry you lost that little legbar. He was so cute. I think it probably was the heat. Poor little guy.

ABW, congrats on your new layer!

hatched 3 of garys silkie eggs. One chick died, other two are ok so far. One is a partridge the other seems to be a splash. Just got a quick peek. Going into hospital for a few days so Ed will be tending

Sundance, you do realize that the getaway spas are way funner and less expensive than the hospital right? You have got to quit with the hospital visits! I worry about you.

hatched 3 of garys silkie eggs.  One chick died,  other two are ok so far.  One is a partridge the other seems to be a splash.  Just got a quick peek.  Going into hospital for a few days so Ed will be tending

Oh that is awful you have to go back! Ugh! Best wishes for a quick trip this time. So sorry to hear this!

If anybody is coming north let me know, to save Brian a trip. Not sure when I am headed back south, we have tickets to go to the water park but trying to figure out when my DH can get time off work he works 2 jobs and worked over 80 hours last week, very busy!

Sphinx, heck ya the quail are little egg machines. It is funny they lay in the afternoon and early evening though. No morning layers out there at all. I have one female that lays doubles most days, but none of the others ever have. Teeny tiny yolks, very cute, but she is my favorite :) My girls are being over bred so I need to add a couple more girls to each group. They are going bald on their heads from their boyfriend grabbing on to them. Then I am going to have quail eggs coming out of my ears. If anybody ever wants any eggs let me know, they are fun to hatch. I was not going to keep them after winter but now I changed my mind I am keeping them forever lol I just love these little things!

Back
Top Bottom