Utah!

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where I can get some hatching eggs here in Cache Valley area? I have a hen that just became broody and I'd like to find Orpington hatching eggs of these colors; Chocolates (especially), also, Blacks and Lavenders. I'm hoping I can find some soon even though those colors are not the easiest to come by. :)

Hi everyone! 

Does anyone know where I can get some hatching eggs here in Cache Valley area? I have a hen that just became broody and I'd like to find Orpington hatching eggs of these colors; Chocolates (especially), also, Blacks and Lavenders.  I'm hoping I can find some soon even though those colors are not the easiest to come by. :)

If you post on the chickenstock thread, there are a couple people going that have hatching eggs, I would be glad to bring them back to Logan for you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/858820/3rd-annual-rocky-mountain-chickenstock-may-3rd-2014/90

If you post on the chickenstock thread, there are a couple people going that have hatching eggs, I would be glad to bring them back to Logan for you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/858820/3rd-annual-rocky-mountain-chickenstock-may-3rd-2014/90
That's so SO nice of you!! The only problem is I don't have an incubator yet (as I am a fairly new chicken addict, lol), and I don't think my hen will stay broody until May. :( But thank you so much anyway!

-Jenna

Hi chicken people! Just wanted to share whats going on in the coop. All 3 silkies are broody, even twister. Twister is 3 years old and has never gone broody. The other 2 have decided to share in the fun of being broody. They are sitting right next to each other and if one gets up to go do her daily thing the other jumps at the chance to take over the eggs. I don't even know if they are fertile but its funny as heck. I might have to buy some eggs and move them to a different coop. They are best friends. I would love to see 2 Silkie moms raising chicks together.

That's so SO nice of you!!  The only problem is I don't have an incubator yet (as I am a fairly new chicken addict, lol), and I don't think my hen will stay broody until May. :(  But thank you so much anyway!

-Jenna

I would be glad to incubate them for you if you find any :D I am in Logan too. There are lots of us here :D blujems on here has very slightly used incubators for sale for $40 if you are looking.

I would be glad to incubate them for you if you find any
big_smile.png
I am in Logan too. There are lots of us here
big_smile.png
blujems on here has very slightly used incubators for sale for $40 if you are looking.
That's awesome, I just might take you up on that offer if I end up having to order eggs in or something. I'm not quite ready to get an incubator, especially because I've only hatched eggs out using an incubator one time before, and that was when I was 12... so 15 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom