Utah!

Okay, so I'm officially nuts... My husband seriously thinks I've gone fuzzy butt crazy, since I'm planning on setting here at midnight so they are officially on Friday the day before the Easter Set since I want to make sure they are 100% done hatching on Easter Sunday since we are leaving Monday morning, get this.... 48 eggs. Yes, my incubator holds 42, but I think since 12 are Silkies, they will all fit... And yes, every one of those lucky babies will be going on a 10 hour road trip with me, and then get to hang out in NM, the ones my sister and her friend don't keep will be coming home with me. So at her request she wanted Blue eggs, so I found 12 Blue Ameraucana eggs, then her friend asked if possible for a Wyandotte, so I have 12 BLRW in there. My sister thought it would be fun to get a Silkie, so she can have her own mini incubator, so I have 8 Silkie eggs, 2 hopfully Sizzles for me and then 2 random from Gary, Thanks a billion! Then the guy who I got the BLRW asked if I had room for another dozen. He wanted to test out to see how fertile his Houdans, and Hamburgs are. So those will be going into, but he didn't know since he hasn't tried this year. OMG, now with my luck they will all hatch, and almost 50 chicks will be taking a car ride. The only ones I didn't get was the demanded Chocolate Eggers. So if anyone is hatching any for the Easter Hatch along and has a few to spare, please let me know. I will buy them to take out to my sisters. If not she will just have to come pay me a visit once I get some from Lisa..

Okay, so I'm officially nuts...  My husband seriously thinks I've gone fuzzy butt crazy, since I'm planning on setting here at midnight so they are officially on Friday the day before the Easter Set since I want to make sure they are 100% done hatching on Easter Sunday since we are leaving Monday morning, get this....  48 eggs.  Yes, my incubator holds 42, but I think since 12 are Silkies, they will all fit...  And yes, every one of those lucky babies will be going on a 10 hour road trip with me, and then get to hang out in NM, the ones my sister and her friend don't keep will be coming home with me.  So at her request she wanted Blue eggs, so I found 12 Blue Ameraucana eggs, then her friend asked if possible for a Wyandotte, so I have 12 BLRW in there.  My sister thought it would be fun to get a Silkie, so she can have her own mini incubator, so I have 8 Silkie eggs, 2 hopfully Sizzles for me and then 2 random from Gary, Thanks a billion!  Then the guy who I got the BLRW asked if I had room for another dozen.  He wanted to test out to see how fertile his Houdans, and Hamburgs are. So those will be going into, but he didn't know since he hasn't tried this year.  OMG, now with my luck they will all hatch, and almost 50 chicks will be taking a car ride.  The only ones I didn't get was the demanded Chocolate Eggers.   So if anyone is hatching any for the Easter Hatch along and has a few to spare, please let me know.  I will buy them to take out to my sisters.  If not she will just have to come pay me a visit once I get some from Lisa.. 

Wow! That's awesome! Good luck!

I do believe that R.C.'s birthday is coming up next week… he will no longer be a cockerel, he can advance to full Rooster status. I suppose we will have party and such, it is a big event and the neighbors and friends will most likely want to drop by. I looked back at pfrosty's thread and found a couple of his photographs of my prize winning Roo, Rooster Cogburn. I believe we will either have crickets, worms, or those meal worms as a party threat. I see the girls out in little groups planning something special for the big guy. Around here we are looking forward to his big day with relish. Drove out past the farm this a.m. and thought back to 1979/1980 time frame when dad and I planted our grain on his birthday, March 16th. This is the earliest we have heretofore planted grain in the Cache Valley. My garden is tilled from this past Monday, I could have planted crops late last week, this season is by far the earliest one our family has record of, and we have been here since 1859. Of course in the olden times they had not yet learned to plant fall grain, nor the ability to plant spring grain so early, horses are a bit slower you know. I was hoping for blue skies again today, but will not complain one bit, nor will my birds. Somewhere down the road we will have to pay for this nice weather, but I will face it when the time comes… I am getting too old to worry both now, and then. Then will have to do. Best to all and your birds, RJ
Yep, it's been a year this month. Happy bday RC!

Silly are his Houdans Purebred? I am starting up with those again, and keeping my eyes out for bloodlines other than McMurray.

Easter is in just over three weeks, so if you are debating hatching.....

Lisa I posted, not sure where it went too, but the guy had I think 4 girls to his 1 Roo in the pen. They looked good, but I dont know anything about show quality, if they hatch you can have them. I might keep one since our stupid Houdan hasn't laid since probably last July. But its my daughters favorite.

Lisa..check these blues out, from the guy I won eggs from...he has dark blues, and light blues, with this beautiful lacing! I just messaged him to let him know the eggs came, and, that I have gotten a couple of rooster collars...and have one on a bantam out there. Took me a few days, but I finally got it on right I guess, because his crow is now waay softer! Glad I kept it on and trying. I wouldn't have known it works..so, back to what I was saying..lol..I told this guy about your Marans, and if I get a boy, I was thinking I would get some pullets from you too to change the gene pool around. Not sure a Cukoo Marans would be the best to keep with the blue and splash idea...or I would take your boy!

Light blue..
LL

Dark blue..
LL

Last edited:
Lisa..check these blues out, from the guy I won eggs from...he has dark blues, and light blues, with this beautiful lacing! I just messaged him to let him know the eggs came, and, that I have gotten a couple of rooster collars...and have one on a bantam out there. Took me a few days, but I finally got it on right I guess, because his crow is now waay softer! Glad I kept it on and trying. I wouldn't have known it works..so, back to what I was saying..lol..I told this guy about your Marans, and if I get a boy, I was thinking I would get some pullets from you too to change the gene pool around. Not sure a Cukoo Marans would be the best to keep with the blue and splash idea...or I would take your boy! Light blue..
LL
Dark blue..
LL
Very nice! Mine are just a bit lighter, Finally starting to get their gold necks. But just a tiny bit so far, not very much. Good luck on those eggs! Pretty Girls.

Back
Top Bottom