Utah!

I'm in Riverdale, I have 7 Hens (5 bantam cochins, 1 SLW Standard, 1 BBR American Game). Got told that the city didn't mind ya having chickens but if you got complaints then you had to get rid of them.

welcome-byc.gif
LvCochins!!!
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif

Hello all,

I grew up with chickens in Taylorsville but now I live in Sugarhouse and hope to start a small flock of half a dozen or so later this spring.

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome hen-thusiast. Right now im looking at getting quite a mix, barred rock, welsummer, buff orp and maybe an ameracauna. And now that my sister found out im looking into getting chickens, she really wants me to keep a cochin for her.

I just went to the IFA in SLC on 2100 S. They have - black sex links, red sex links, buff orpingtons, ameraucanas (easter eggers), welsummers, cuckoo marans, barred rocks, "california white chickens" (?), and one other breed I am not remembering at the moment. The chicks were priced from around $2.70 to $3.70 depending on the breed. A number of them had pasty butt. They said they get their chicks from New Mexico (presumably Privitt).

SaltLakeSpice, the IFA might do it for you, except for the cochin.

Quote:
I called the one in Draper today. They will have them in on Wednesday. Didn't tell me what breed though.
I asked about meat chickens (anyone here ever try those?). She said meat chicks come in towards the end of the season. (Mid-late March I think she said)...

Marty

p.s. Oh, BTW, I got SPAM email today from Randall Burkey and company. I have my own domain and get the 'catch-all' email delivered to my mailbox. So when I got a SPAM email sent to "randallburkey@(mylastname).com", I knew they had sold my email address.... grr...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom