Utah!

Ack! I have a broody hen. I would even classify her as belligerently broody. Besides the usual remedies I've been trying does anyone have any fertilized eggs I can give her to hatch/raise? I'll even give you the chicks back. I'm in Spanish Fork.

There are two to check out..they are EE's, the first one she is really worried about because of the tail, the last one has white frosty tips, cute ey? What do you think of the fist two pics?

Ack! I have a broody hen. I would even classify her as belligerently broody. Besides the usual remedies I've been trying does anyone have any fertilized eggs I can give her to hatch/raise? I'll even give you the chicks back. I'm in Spanish Fork.

Hi Jersey! Haven't seen you in a while. What kind of broody? I know a man that sells fertile eggs in Spanish Fork. They are barn yard mixes, in fact, look at Chiko's picture of chicks in the box, you will see the two largest ones are the mixes. Want me to pm you his number?

Hi Jersey! Haven't seen you in a while. What kind of broody? I know a man that sells fertile eggs in Spanish Fork. They are barn yard mixes, in fact, look at Chiko's picture of chicks in the box, you will see the two largest ones are the mixes. Want me to pm you his number?

I've been lurking but not posting :)
I don't really want to keep the chicks since I already have my limit and this girl is super broody. The only time I can get her to leave the nest box is at night when I physically place her on the roost. And even then she sometimes gets down and goes in the box. We have to check several times a day and carry her out to the hen yard. She's stubborn.

birdman, what's up? I don't get the emails anymore either. I get some for other posts. I even had to go unsubscribe on one I didn't want.
Did you see that I bought some boss, and my picky girls don't like it? Oh silly chickens..something different. I think they will after a while.

i must of missed it. most of mine did not like it at first so i chopped it up a bit in the food processor and then gave them some and soon they realized they loved it and now eat it whole. my girls got to eat scratch mix for two days because cal ranch was out of feed so i was stressing over that and finally yesterday afternoon they got it in and by the time i got there at 7 half of it was gone lol. people were taking the advantage of the sale, i know i sure did. a guy on here had his wife come up with a microsoft excel sheet that you can download and use if you have excel, it keeps track of all expenses, eggs, chicks, hens, how much feed you buy and how much you spend on it, what color of eggs layed on each day and how many. bedding. egg sales and everything you buy. and it will tell you how much each egg costs you. i started useing it this month and i love it. i am not good with excel but this is very easy and it helps you manage your flock better. i found it in the manage your flock section of the forum but searching for it may be a better route. i highly recommend it. the poor lady had to of spent ages working on it.

I've been lurking but not posting :)
I don't really want to keep the chicks since I already have my limit and this girl is super broody. The only time I can get her to leave the nest box is at night when I physically place her on the roost. And even then she sometimes gets down and goes in the box. We have to check several times a day and carry her out to the hen yard. She's stubborn.
I sent you his number. I am pretty sure he won't want the chicks back though. He has a lot of chickens. :) Has them in a great big free range area, with some goats, and llamas.

so i checked into the email thing and those of you haveing issues, check out the feedback forum and there is a thread on it that you should check out. we are not alone i guess

MsEmanual, have you been giving your chickens lights in the winter time? From what I've read, most chickens need 12 hours of light a day or they quit for the winter. If it were me, I would keep your chicken around til May. If she STILL hasn't laid, then I'd think harder about replacing her.

Oh, Lisa, you are simply going to die when you see these chicks in person. They are sooooo adorable. They're all silver and gold. My dh claims they are 10x cuter than any other chick we've ever had. I expected some level of teasing from him about getting new chicks when I have some teenagers and some due to hatch soon, but I'd told him I saw the picture and just HAD to have one or two. As soon as he saw them, he quit any attempts to tease.

I started a light about the end of October. I keep hoping the wife will tell me she got a green egg when I get home just hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:
so i checked into the email thing and those of you haveing issues, check out the feedback forum and there is a thread on it that you should check out. we are not alone i guess

Ha, good, it isn't us.
clap.gif

I'm going to crush up some of that boss tomorrow to see if my chicks like it sprinkled into their food.

Back
Top Bottom