Utah!

Yep, I'm not doing any more hatches after some eggs that will be set either today or tomorrow..in the mail now. So I will be done until fall probably. Wendy, I saw that picture of your grandma's pup..darling! My mom had one just that buff color. I am such a dog person. Love them.
Going to the feed store ey? Have fun with that! lol....

In Orem, UT and thinking of getting chickens for the entertainment and health benefits. We live on a very small lot, even though I don't think the neighbors would care, but I'm not sure about the landlord...

Seronac, I would definitely make sure the landlord is ok with it before you get chickens. As a former landlord, I wanted permission for any animal beyond a goldfish or a parakeet.

Hi Everybody! Just checking in.

Birdie is still happy and healthy so guess the pink area is just her ears....thank goodness. We have been having to keep the chicks in their run and not in the yard as much because of weather and now we have a Red Tailed hawk checking out the area. We have had a Cooper's hawk for many years in the area. One year the Cooper's hawk even brought her hubby or that year's hatchling to check out the "birdie buffet" in our back yard because we had a large bird feeder in the winter. No more of that...we moved the feeder to the front yard. The hawks have provided a lot of beautiful pictures (my hubby is an award winning photographer) but don't want to provide a chicken dinner for them!

Hey Chickundercover, we live in Magna and would love to show off our birds and coop if you are interested. Just let us know and we can set up a meet. Would love to see what you have done...or are you still in the planning stages?

Anybody see the news report on the number of backyard chickens in Utah? Evidently it is larger than I thought. We need to form a "chicky" club! Would love to meet you guys and exchange notes. I will be on vacation this next week, but Chickendad reads the posts daily and would love to hear from you too!

Glad the other chicks on this group are getting better. It is gut wrenching when they get sick!

As Spock says..Live long and prosper! ucmom

Okay, I haven't taken pics of the cream legbars yet--she sent the second set of them yesterday and I picked them up this morning. She threw in extras, so there were 11 total!! That's in addition to the 7 I have and the six in the incubator! I shall be overrun with cream legbars, but since I am overrun with chicks in general, I'm not sure it really matters!

Anyway, I got the Isbars yesterday. We lost one overnight and one has a twisted foot, but all the others look healthy. The guy sent a total of 19 birds, but one is a Blue Marans. I have picture of some of them, along with the BLRW's from my own flock that hatched a couple of days ago. Prepare for picture overload!

Black Isbar

Blue Isbars, though the pic doesn't show it so well...

White/Splash Isbars...<sigh> sideways again. Stupid computer!

Blue Marans--ink mark on the wing to differentiate between this one and the Isbars. Anyone want this little one? I really don't have a place for him, though I would like a Marans. My Middle son is getting Welsummers in a month, though, so I have pretty dark brown eggs.

And our own little BLRW's, who refused to hold still long enough to get anything other than a blurry picture!

I will try to get pics of the cream legbars later today after I run errands and such!

Were you able to re-home your girls? They sound sweet. My first chicken felt my shoulders and back were always an open invitation to roost. She would sit on my lap too, for a back scratch. I haven't had a chance to get back on until today. I have been working hard on a little Silkie, trying to get her well. It is so good to know that I am not alone in my "chicken love". My husband sure has been a great sport!
love.gif

UtahChickenMom,
I would LOVE that. My chicks are still inside until the hen house is completed, just need to add a run and a roost. So not quite planing stages, but nothing to really show off yet!
roll.png
Hopefully soon though, those stinkers are getting BIG.
I love that the chicken movement is growing. People always look at me funny when I say I have pet chickens, but they almost have more personality than my dogs!

Corvidae, is your Maran a roo? Those pics are so cute! The look on the middle Isbar's face is the best, "whaddya want?!"

Last edited:
Okay, I haven't taken pics of the cream legbars yet--she sent the second set of them yesterday and I picked them up this morning. She threw in extras, so there were 11 total!! That's in addition to the 7 I have and the six in the incubator! I shall be overrun with cream legbars, but since I am overrun with chicks in general, I'm not sure it really matters!

Anyway, I got the Isbars yesterday. We lost one overnight and one has a twisted foot, but all the others look healthy. The guy sent a total of 19 birds, but one is a Blue Marans. I have picture of some of them, along with the BLRW's from my own flock that hatched a couple of days ago. Prepare for picture overload!

Black Isbar

Blue Isbars, though the pic doesn't show it so well...

White/Splash Isbars...<sigh> sideways again. Stupid computer!

Blue Marans--ink mark on the wing to differentiate between this one and the Isbars. Anyone want this little one? I really don't have a place for him, though I would like a Marans. My Middle son is getting Welsummers in a month, though, so I have pretty dark brown eggs.

And our own little BLRW's, who refused to hold still long enough to get anything other than a blurry picture!

I will try to get pics of the cream legbars later today after I run errands and such!

droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom