UUUGGGG! Please TELL me to keep the bator shut!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SunshineSilkies, May 4, 2009.

1. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    I have 2 chicks that hatched on day 20 and keep staring at them in the bator wanting to take them out soooo bad but have 13 more to hatch! I told myself I was going to leave the babies in the bator this time because last hatch, I couldn't help myself and took them out a couple of hours after they were born and ended up having 6 that didn't hatch:(...PLEASE some words of encouragement for me to KEEP THE BATOR SHUT and sit on my hands!!!![​IMG]

2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Please keep the bator shut!! Hope that helped, lol. Good luck. [​IMG]

3. UrbanFarmChix

UrbanFarmChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Portland, OR
    They'll be fine. All that yolk to hold them over and all. Plusssss they will encourage and cheer on the ones still in their eggs. [​IMG] They can't do that from the brooder. Its amazing how much a hatch picks up when there are 2 or more peeping at the others to hurry up. [​IMG]:D Just take some pics ad walk away.

Ok, that was my hard line pitch. Now for the emotional support. [​IMG] Let us know how the hatch goes.

4. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    STEP AWAY FROM THE BATOR!!!! BACK AWAY SLOWLY AND THE CHICKIES WON'T GET HURT!! [​IMG]

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] But seriously, LEAVE THE LID CLOSED! [​IMG]

6. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Step away from the bator is good advice. I am pretty sure two pipped and did not hatch because I did not "step away from the bator".

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  7. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    KeEp ThE BaToR CLOSED !!!!!!! [​IMG] Please !!!!! I know its so hard [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by