V is for Visitors

We watched it. I was in high school when the original mini series debuted. It was a "perfect storm" --- special because it was a mini series, because we only had three channels, because EVERYONE watched it and talked about it in school. Every conversation in the hallways and in class was about V. The big reveal of the reptilian species was shocking back then, but couldn't be duplicated because we all knew what was going to happen.

There is no perfect storm for the new series, and it will not have the impact it did back then. I watched it because my husband was thrilled about it. Me, not so much. I wasn't too impressed, but I'll watch it with him anyway.

Quote:
clap.gif
I definately like the long hair she had in Firefly much better than the short hair in V. I love Inara, so I hate that she's a bad guy now.
hmm.png

She is playing the part so well. It really shows what a good actress that she is. Imagine, she is playing an evil character, playing a good guy. That must take some talent. If I was an actress, I would only play the bad girls because they get the best lines.
smile.png

I like that they are exploring the fact that a lot of people would give up their freedom for devotion. That is interesting.

Quote:
Yep.

Spoiler alert. Read no further.

And when the lizard hybrid was born. Oh my. That caused a lot of discussion in my school.

We loved the old V and the new one is changed up a bit, sort of like they messed with Battlestar Galactica, making male characters female and vice versa. We'll be watching, though, since most TV is incredibly stupid, boring and just plain gross at times. Have been waiting for a couple of years for the new V movie, but recently found out that it's a series instead.

Quote:
Oh, yeah. That was wild at the time. Now, it's front page news on those crazy tabloids.
smile.png

gig.gif

I love Inara, so I hate that she's a bad guy now.

She is playing the part so well. It really shows what a good actress that she is.

Exactly! She is scary-creepy as a bad guy. AWESOME acting.

And Wash is a bad guy! Totally threw me but he is so good too!​

Yes, they casted Anna well. Her look is unnerving to say the least at times.

It has been so long since I have seen the oringinal (we do not have cable) that it is not spoiled by the changes from male to female. I have a feeling this series will take things a bit different since we already know they are reptilian and we have traitors already. I find it interesting that it is coming out now too when the country is in such bad shape.

Quote:
Yup, nothin' makes me giggle and feel old at the same time as watching these once familiar shows and mocking all the old technology. DS about fell off the sofa laughing at 'War Games' - we spent that whole movie catching outdated technology. DS can build a better computer out of broken parts than the ones on that movie. It is weird - pay phones. And now, stirrup pants come back to haunt me... what next?

I watched part of "A Clockwork Orange" last night and saw a typewriter that was kinda....futuristic'd up?

Now that was funny.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom