V is for Visitors

cybercat

Songster
12 Years
May 22, 2007
Greeneville, Tn
Anyone catch the new V? I thought it was good and they did change it a bit. I know alot of people remeber that last 2 series that ran in the late 70's and early 80's. So do you think this will last with this new generation that has never seen it?

We used to watch the old series and my boys who were young then figured I was a "V" because I would always wear sunglasses outside. even in winter. I had light sensitive eyes and the reflection off the snow was too bright.

They were re-running the old 'V' on SyFy this past weekend...or TBS, maybe. It was on, put it that way. I watched a little of it.

Haven't seen the new one yet.

Funniest thing I saw about the old one was how the visitors had all this technology like high-intensity laser gates to keep people contained and whatnot, and when one woman got loose the first thing she did was run to a PAY PHONE.
lau.gif
I thought "Yeah, you are hosed if you don't even have cell phones yet."
gig.gif

Quote:
Yup, nothin' makes me giggle and feel old at the same time as watching these once familiar shows and mocking all the old technology. DS about fell off the sofa laughing at 'War Games' - we spent that whole movie catching outdated technology. DS can build a better computer out of broken parts than the ones on that movie. It is weird - pay phones. And now, stirrup pants come back to haunt me... what next?

Quote:
I am watching it with my family and so far, I am enjoying the series. The woman who is playing Anna is very beautiful.

Quote:
clap.gif
I definately like the long hair she had in Firefly much better than the short hair in V. I love Inara, so I hate that she's a bad guy now.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom