V is for Visitors

I almost flipped with joy when I found out they were remaking V! I credit the miniseries for sparking a love of sci-fi in my 12 year old self. (My younger sister was traumatized by it though... esp the scene when Diana eats the rat!
big_smile.png
)

I thought the premier was OK... not as cool as I was expecting. It felt rushed and there was something about the production that didn't work for me. Can't put my finger on it... maybe it's just that I was a huge fan of the new Battlestar Galactica look and esthetic? I must say that the woman playing Anna is glorious! I can't take my eyes off of her. Great casting call there!

I'll keep watching.

When the original V was on TV years ago, my son was about 1 1/2 years old. I never thought that he paid too much attention to it when DH and I watched it. I was wrong. One day, I decided to try one of those facial mask things that dries clear and peels off. I was standing in front of the mirror peeling my face off when DS came toddling around the corner. OMG! You should have heard the screaming. He thought I was an alien, and he was screaming for his Mommy. The poor liitle guy thought that I was peeling my face off and there was a "lizard person" underneath. When I picked him up to try to settle him down, he fought like he was fighting for his life. He was scratching, kicking and hitting while screaming, "I want Mommy!" It was horrible. I don't think I ever felt worse in my life. I finally got him settled down, but I think he had his doubts for a while about whether or not I was an alien or his real mother. I always said that if he ever needed therapy, it would have been because of that day.

That's kinda funny! Does he remember that? I was doing one of those face peeling things once and forgot about it when the doorbell rang. I went to answer it, and it was some kid selling magazines and he kept looking at me weird....after he left I saw my relfection in the mirror as I passed....ugh how embarrassing.

But I could imagine how your heart must have felt at him struggling to get out of your arms...

Back
Top Bottom