Valentine day hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Alwayswantchics, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Alwayswantchics

Alwayswantchics Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    Phelan, CA
    Is anyone interested in having a Valentine day hatch with me? I know it's early, butI want to plan now.

2. chickenteacher2

chickenteacher2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    Desert, S. CA
    I was thinking of hatching for my class around then. We'll see how things shape up. I want to set one or two of my own silkie eggs, and some Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs and maybe coupla EEs. This will be only the 3rd time I've hatched by incubator. When it gets warmer, I was thinking of letting my little cochin/silkie mix try to hatch some.

3. Alwayswantchics

Apr 6, 2012
    Phelan, CA
    This would be my 3rd as well. I want some more of my mixed backyard girls.

4. WillowChick

WillowChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in! This will be my second hatch :) I have a mîxed bag (4 hens and a roo) I would like 1 or 2 more hens, so I'll be setting 6 before dispatching my rooster :( I have a friend who takes my extras.

5. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    When would they have to be set ?

6. WillowChick

WillowChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Setting January 24th! I'm setting mine at midnight because my bator runs ever-so-slightly hot, so they're usually a day early.

7. chickenteacher2

Apr 24, 2012
    Desert, S. CA
    I ordered my eggs and will pick up a couple more the weekend before.[​IMG] They will hatch in the classroom (which isn't as fun since I don't get to oogle them all day)..... I ordered a grab-bag of randome LF for education of 6, 12 bantams assorted, will get 2 calico chick eggs and 2 SLW eggs. [​IMG]I'm aiming for the Valentine's set day, but we'll see how shipment and other things go. But, there's no going back now.

8. Alwayswantchics

Apr 6, 2012
    Phelan, CA
    Can't wait. B-) .

9. chickenteacher2

Apr 24, 2012
    Desert, S. CA
    haha, Alwayswantschicks - I for some reason was thinking of the set date for 2/14, but you probably meant for hatching then. That's ok. I am still ready to go, got confirmation email for my egg shipment for that week. Plan to pick up some local eggs and hopefully try one of my own. [​IMG] Can't wait.

10. barnyardmommy

barnyardmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Suffolk VA
    Count me in, don't know if they will be shipped eggs, or mixed breed from my girls. but I will definitely set something on that date....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by