Valentine day hatch

Ok I had to go ahead and set the ones I had yesterday at 5pm :(

I had to give my rooster to my friend for supper because he was attacking my bantam.

Good news though... I got my pinless peepers in the mail and they work great!

I set a batch of 12 and snuck in an extra this morning because it was still warm. I hope it hatches within a day of the others but we'll see!

Sooo excited!!!!

One of them is pretty dirty but I was scared to clean it. I hope there's enough surface area for it to breathe.

Willow

Well I figured out what went wrong!!!! I asked hubby to pick up a hygrometer for this next batch because I was worried it might have been the humidity that was messed up. The hygrometer also has a thermometer on it. I couldn't figure out why the hygrometer said 82 degrees and my glass bulb thermometer attached to a plastic backing said 99.5 until I realized THE STUPID THING SLIPPED OUT OF THE BACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the eggs were "incubating" at 82 degrees for 18 days... Not very productive.

I am so mad that our flock of 4 will have no babies because of this stupid thing!
(we got rid of our rooster 2 1/2 weeks ago, so I still threw 6 of our own eggs in the bator with my friend's yesterday, but not much hope)

I bought 2 Wyandotte eggs (SL)....waiting for my others to arrive by mail. Have the bator set up at school. Students are very excited, probably not more than me!
big_smile.png

Put my 2 eggs under my broodies this morning. It's my first time with broodies. After some drama about trying to move the nest and whatnot, I finally moved it back and the 2 girls are taking care of business. I may slip one of my EE hen's egg (crossed with buff silkie roo) under the girls, too. See how it goes.....
hide.gif
nervous mama.

Back
Top Bottom