Valentine's Day Hatches---post here!!!

slickchick

Songster
13 Years
Jul 2, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
I couldn't find a Valentine's Day hatch thread when I searched, so I figured I would start one for those of us hatching out on or around Valentine's day....I have 16 BBS that I will be putting in the bator this morning and will be adding some SLW, Ameraucana's, and Barred rocks later this afternoon....Will post some pictures as I progress...This will be my first hatch...Wish me luck!!

Last edited:
Good luck
big_smile.png
Mine will be hatching a few days before valentines day. 7 serama eggs and 7 mutt eggs. No incubator tho just using up the broody hens
big_smile.png

i was thinking about doing some for my neices... still may depending on how many eggs i get today i need a minimum of 6... need to find where they are hiding them. just picked up 3 from the box will have more by noon.

Hello fellow hatchers,
I am setting another batch today as well. Not exactly sure the count, but should be over 100 eggs. Welsummers, RIR, Buff Orpington, Bantam salmon faverolles, bantam cochins, and a few silkie eggs too. My birds are kicking into gear even in these negetive temps we are having...though most are spoiled and in heated buildings!
Good luck with your hatches everyone.
Christie
smile.png

chickenaddict: sent you a pm.

98 gt: Just the tip of the iceburg here. We have 3 sportsman incubators and a hatcher that run full spring till fall. We have a pretty large hobby. And it started with just a few too!!!!

Happy Hatching,
Christie
big_smile.png

ive got the space for it, but not the feed. they free range ll day then when we pen them at night we give them feed... about 40 +-chickens (never actually counted) about $20-$30 aweek to feed. the nes im hatching now are going to my parents farm. then im going to hatch some quail and those are for my farm then who knows what i want some pheasants but not sure if the wife wil be so agreeable. since i have to build severalnew smaller coops and im not sure where i want to put them. 36 acres and i cant seem to find space(go figure)

Back
Top Bottom