Valentine's hatch-a-long

Ok so I just got 30 silkie eggs in the mail Saturday. Rested them 24 hours. Put them in the incubator Sunday.i decided to candle a couple to check for cracks and floating air cells. Sure enough most of them have an air cell that drifts back and forth when you tilt the egg. This is only my second hatch so I'm not sure what to do. My first hatch I did last month I incubated the eggs laying down. What I'm wondering is if I should incubate with the carton method and maybe stop turning for the next 24-48 hours to give the air cells a chance to reattach but keep them in the incubator?
Some immediate advice would be greatly appreciated! !

Ok so I just got 30 silkie eggs in the mail Saturday. Rested them 24 hours. Put them in the incubator Sunday.i decided to candle a couple to check for cracks and floating air cells. Sure enough most of them have an air cell that drifts back and forth when you tilt the egg. This is only my second hatch so I'm not sure what to do. My first hatch I did last month I incubated the eggs laying down. What I'm wondering is if I should incubate with the carton method and maybe stop turning for the next 24-48 hours to give the air cells a chance to reattach but keep them in the incubator?
Some immediate advice would be greatly appreciated! !
If they are to have a chance, they must stay in the incubator. If you decide to use the carton method, be sure to use breathable cartons.

Back
Top Bottom