Valley Quail hatching

ChiknNuggets

In the Brooder
Feb 16, 2015
I have been lurking this forum for a while, so I have decided to register and join up. I am on day 23 going into day 24 of the hatching process. I have noticed a few eggs shaking around since yesterday morning. There are no external pips on the egg shell yet. I did a candle this morning and it looks like a few of them have internally pipped. My main question is when should I be concerned? Should there be an external pip already? Today I have not seen the eggs shaking as much as they were yesterday. I do not hear any peeps, but when I candled this AM and tapped the egg I did see movement.

I have been lurking this forum for a while, so I have decided to register and join up.  I am on day 23 going into day 24 of the hatching process.  I have noticed a few eggs shaking around since yesterday morning.  There are no external pips on the egg shell yet.  I did a candle this morning and it looks like a few of them have internally pipped.  My main question is when should I be concerned? Should there be an external pip already?  Today I have not seen the eggs shaking as much as they were yesterday.  I do not hear any peeps, but when I candled this AM and tapped the egg I did see movement.

Is this your first hatch? The term "lock down" means just that.... Don't open your bator till they have hatched.... It wrecks your humidity.... It's best to just sit on your hands and let them be till they are late or done... The ones shaking should hatch... The ones you saw movement in should hatch... While you were candling did you find any clear eggs? A lot of times folks will miss count the days and expect the hatch a day early.... If you set your eggs say on the first, well 24 hrs later the 2nd is day one... Your hatch would be expected the 24th..... Post up how your hatch comes out....

These eggs are late. I went into lockdown on Wednesday. There has been no progress at all since yesterday. I decided to pip the egg that was rocking a lot. The membrane was extremely rubbery and white. It looked very dry. I moistened the membrane and can hear the chick peeping. I set the egg on a moist paper towel and it's sitting in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom