Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

For an everyday chocolate fix, I make chocolate candy balls that are raw vegan.

1 and 3/4 cups cashews
1/4 cup walnuts
2 cups dates (or can mix dates and raisins)
1/4 cup cacao

food process these ingredients until they form a glossy ball.  Takes a few minutes.  If the "dough" is a little oily from the walnuts, pat with a paper towel. Using your hands, roll into balls or mold into other shapes.  They are good rolled in unsweetened coconut or crushed nuts.  Refrigerate and eat them up.  Yummy!

This sounds absolutely delicious!!! I am printing this out to try this. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try it. Yummy!!!!

For an everyday chocolate fix, I make chocolate candy balls that are raw vegan.

1 and 3/4 cups cashews
1/4 cup walnuts
2 cups dates (or can mix dates and raisins)
1/4 cup cacao

food process these ingredients until they form a glossy ball. Takes a few minutes. If the "dough" is a little oily from the walnuts, pat with a paper towel. Using your hands, roll into balls or mold into other shapes. They are good rolled in unsweetened coconut or crushed nuts. Refrigerate and eat them up. Yummy!
I'll try it, but I'm not a real fan of dates. Can you still have the good flavor without them?

ive tried this recipe before, its lovely, my daughter hate dates but strangly she loves these! so maybe worth trying with the dates?
i guess you could just use more raisins thou. x

Just went vegan as of Thursday! Yay! It's been more than a year, but I've realized that it's the right thing to do! I will not sacrifice animals lives and well-being for my taste-buds!

Any vegans, or just anyone in general, have any good advice? I know the basics, like to drink TONS of water, have 3+ servings of veggies a day, and fruit with almost every meal, but it's been a while. Anything will help!

crittercrazed- great! good for you for taking the plunge! :)
your saving animals and are soon to feel the benefit of your
new healthy lifestyle.
advice kinda depends on what you already know so feel free to ask
questions or pm me if you need help with anything. ive been vegan ten years
and vege since age 10. i would say get a fortified soya milk for
easy b12. fruit veg nuts and beans a plenty and google vegan versions
of recipes for your fav meals. xxx

i made vegan wagonwheels for my kids today!
really easy and kids loved them! :)
just toast vegan marshmallows and squash
between two vegan plain biscuits(digestive,rich tea)
then dunk in vegan melted chocolate.
delish !

Shell- never ever heard of those ! I'm so going to make them :) it sounds great! I made the 'raw' sweet potatoe souffle, for our veggie meeting. We had a raw speaker coming so each board member wanted to make a raw dish. I'm not a raw vegan, but with the recipes I've found and been able to taste.. I don't see how I wouldn't be having tons more raw 'meals' & 'desserts' :)
For the person looking for some more info on getting back in to some vegan dishes et. I posted a couple really good sites a page or so back. If anyone has Facebook or would like some general vegan info Elena's blog is really good: http://www.vega-licious.com/
And I believe her Facebook page is: vegalicious
There is also a Facebook page called Vegan for $3.33 A Day - I have not been on there recently, not sure how active the page is currently. There were lots of great recipes being posted before.
I do NOT like dates (blaa!) but that sweet potato recipe changed my mind really quick. It favors a pumpkin pie :)

i guess wagonwheels are an english thing!lol took me back
to childhood memories i believe the originals have strawberry
jam in them too so you could add a tbsp of that with the marshmallow.
clearly im not a raw vegan lol but ill check out the links. theres not
much i dislike.if its vegan ill eat it :) i always say im not a picky eater
but meateaters find that very funny! thing is i dont consider animals
a food group so i class myself as not picky!lol
ive got a failproof recipe for sponge cake if anyone wants it just pm
me. its a bit lengthy to post but really easy and can be plain ,choc or
used for cupcakes :)

Back
Top Bottom