Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

Quote:
Yes, vegetarians that will eat milk products can eat cheese. Vegans eat no animal products and therefore do not eat cheese (at least not the stuff made from animals).. As for what kind, depends if you have a problem with animal rennet or not. I'm not overly picky - I don't buy cheeses with rennet, but if I eat out at a restaurant I don't quiz the chef if there's rennet in the cheese.
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, vegetarians that will eat milk products can eat cheese. Vegans eat no animal products and therefore do not eat cheese (at least not the stuff made from animals).. As for what kind, depends if you have a problem with animal rennet or not. I'm not overly picky - I don't buy cheeses with rennet, but if I eat out at a restaurant I don't quiz the chef if there's rennet in the cheese.
smile.png

What kind of cheeses do you buy?

I don't usually like indian foods,but I picked up a few of these instant meals at a discount store.....

http://www.tastybite.com/

They tasted interesting enough.Can't afford to buy them all the time,so I have been making my own at home.Got the bengal Lentils dish(with chick peas) almost perfect. Good with some fresh bread and a salad.

I have noticed that there is little to no stomache upset/gas. Must be those spices that are used....tumeric,curry,ginger,garlic,cumin,coriander.

For cheese flavor I really like nutritional yeast.Used to get it bulk from the health food store. Can't wait to find a store that carries that and chickpea flour.

Quote:
smile.png

X2 I eat all kinds of cheese, but I always try to find the kind with plant rennet instead of animal rennet

I'm semi-vegetarian in that I'm pescetarian. Basically I'll eat plant foods, no-kill animal products (like eggs, milk, honey, etc.), and seafood. I'll also eat occasional meat if I'm in a situation where not eating meat would be a breach of hospitality, though that really only happens around certain holidays.

I've been vegetarian off and on and to different degrees for about 15 years now. Mostly it's a health thing for me -- my family is prone to heart problems, diabetes, and blood pressure issues, and a vegetarian or pescetarian diet can help improve things in those areas -- though in the last few years I've become more interested in eating a less processed, more locally sourced diet. That's how I got interested in keeping chickens, as well as gardening, and how I got connected to a local farmer from whom I buy milk, etc. I kept seafood in my diet for the long-chain Omega-3s, as well as so that I could still have convenience options when traveling, and so I wouldn't have to give up sushi, but I don't eat it very often. That said, this summer I'll probably do a little bit of fishing in order to gather some of my own fish.

But yeah, my friends and I joke a lot about how delicious my future chickens aren't allowed to be.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom