Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

Has she considered a milk alternative? Like Soy milk, rice milk, etc. Sorry I don't know much about any cruelty free dairy. As for the ingredients some times it will be listed on the product's website. If it's not you can try calling their help line and asking, or emailing the company.

Has she considered a milk alternative? Like Soy milk, rice milk, etc. Sorry I don't know much about any cruelty free dairy. As for the ingredients some times it will be listed on the product's website. If it's not you can try calling their help line and asking, or emailing the company.

Kevin, do you drink milk? If so, what kind of milk do you drink?

Yomamma, search for local farms with no-kidding free-range, gass fed cows/goats/sheep. There is all sorts of imformation out there about what a full-grain diet does to cows, how grass fed cattle have multiple times more CLA in their millk, etc. We have a local goat farm that is very open to the public, and very open with answers about how they run things (ie. what do they do with the calves/kids/lambs when their animals are bred for dairy production).

And of course, milk and egg susbtitutes are plentiful.

Last edited:

We did get some soy milk (chocolate, lol) and she likes it ok. Enough to drink it. Kind of tastes like watered down cold cocoa to me. My main problem is finding out where the cruelty free dairy products come from. She informed me today that she is also not going to eat anything with egg in it, as the eggs might come from mistreated hens. (She'll eat eggs from our hens, because she knows they are treated well.)She's probably right, but
barnie.gif
I can't tell her no, but it is becoming a bit of a task finding products that are ok with her. Shopping sure takes twice as long now, looking at every product's ingredients. I will check products websites and see if I can find anything out. Thanks!

punk-a-doodle: thanks for the idea of what to search for, in regards to farms . I was just not sure where to even start looking. I'll give those options a try.

Does anyone know of any stores, or brands that are vegan that I can keep an eye out for? I know that Morning Star carries alot of vegetarian food, but alot of it has milk product in it. Unfortunately, where I live, alot of the stores are limited to only a few brands.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom