Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

I'm determined to find a great veggie dog. If all else fails, I'll just buy the corn dogs and use the dogs inside of them as my veggie dog.
gig.gif

lau.gif

That bad? I can't stand the new recipe either

oooooh yeah. THAT bad.
sickbyc.gif

I tried to get my dog to eat them... but he wouldnt. And hes a former street dog and he quite litterly will eat anything... dirt, rocks, wood, plants, you name it... but nope... not the morning star hot dogs. He backed away and looked at me like 'nooo way. Id rather lick myself"

Heh, I guess I am lucky that I never liked hot dogs even when I ate meat. I'd love to find a decent veggie dog to feed to DH, but I don't like the fake hot dogs any more than I liked the real ones. =)

That bad? I can't stand the new recipe either 

oooooh yeah. THAT bad. :sick

I tried to get my dog to eat them... but he wouldnt. And hes a former street dog and he quite litterly will eat anything... dirt, rocks, wood, plants, you name it... but nope... not the morning star hot dogs. He backed away and looked at me like 'nooo way. Id rather lick myself"

:yuckyuck

:lau

Anyone try the morningstar veggie bacon strips? I saw some yesterday but I didn't buy any until I talked to the experts (you all). What's the low down on the bacon strips?

Hello my veggie friends and companions -

Remember, it's gonna be hard to find a healthy vegitarian substitue for the horrer than is cured meat like bacon, sausage, and hot dogs. They are full of Nitrates and Nitrites, both of which add amazing flavor but are carcinogenic. You'd have to add those, plus loads of salt, and also smoke flavoring to get anything close. By then, you just shouldn't eat it. Go make some nice black bean burgers (need the receipe? I have a good one), cook them on the grill a few extra minutes, and when your crunching them, think of how wonderful extending your life can taste.

Back
Top Bottom