Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

I purchased a cast iron grill that fits over 2 burners on the stove. I will start grilling a lot of veggies.

I had a great time at the Asian Market this weekend. They have some great stuff in there. I bought a 2 lb bag of bean sprouts for only $1.98. Their tofu was only $0.99. At other stores, tofu cost $3.00 and more. All of the products at the Asian Market were twice as cheaper than regular store. That's my new place to shop.

This is what I had this weekend. Bean sprouts, broccoli, asparagus and snap beans.

Last edited:
droolin.gif

Well, it was meant for one anyway. I only hate half, and will have the other half for dinner tonight.

Almost all Chinese places have tofu, and they'll custom make you almost anything, if you know what you like, and they have it around. I'm lucky, my baby sitter when I was little, her husband owned and still owns a local chinese place. I learned that there are two menus. The "american" one they post, and the "traditional" one, very authentic, where you just tell them a name, or what you want it to taste like. Like any self respecting artist, they are quite creative, and can totally out-do themselves, given a chance.

Many buddists and chinese, consume little or no animals protein. Just ask!

Yummy Marty!
droolin.gif

Had a nice vegitarian dinner at a local chinese place. Just went in and told them i wanted lots of veggies and tofu, and make it super crazy hot.

Also had a nice vegitarian dumpling w/ it.

Please don't tell me that serving of tofu is for one person, it looks like a family sized meal to me.

Well, it was meant for one anyway.  I only hate half, and will have the other half for dinner tonight. 

Almost all Chinese places have tofu, and they'll custom make you almost anything, if you know what you like, and they have it around.  I'm lucky, my baby sitter when I was little, her husband owned and still owns a local chinese place.  I learned that there are two menus.  The "american" one they post, and the "traditional" one, very authentic, where you just tell them a name, or what you want it to taste like.  Like any self respecting artist, they are quite creative, and can totally out-do themselves, given a chance.

Many buddists and chinese, consume little or no animals protein.  Just ask!

I called around and found that that the Chinese Restaurants in our city has tofu. :weee

Back
Top Bottom