Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

I called around and found that that the Chinese Restaurants in our city has tofu.
wee.gif

woot.gif

MORE REASONS TO BE VEGANS!!!

Today it was announced that people who eat red meat almost every day are about 20% more likely to die early then those who do not. If you eat processed meat, i.e. hot dogs, sausage, salami, you stand a 40% chance of dieing off earlier. Unfortunately for me I have a hard time not having a nice steak about once per week. I am hoping for the best.

One thing to watch out for in Chinese and thai restaurants - they don't mention it, but there's sometimes fish sauce involved. Contrary to public opinion, vegetarians and vegans don't eat fish either. (and who wants nasty fish sauce anyways! :p).

I was too swamped to cook today, so had an Amy's tofu scramble. I love it, even though I am not really into tofu. Must be the salt and the potatoes but it's yummy. :)

One thing to watch out for in Chinese and thai restaurants - they don't mention it, but there's sometimes fish sauce involved. Contrary to public opinion, vegetarians and vegans don't eat fish either. (and who wants nasty fish sauce anyways! :p).

I was too swamped to cook today, so had an Amy's tofu scramble. I love it, even though I am not really into tofu. Must be the salt and the potatoes but it's yummy. :)
Are you discluded from being a vegitarian,forever absolutely, if you occasionally consume any animal product in your opinion, with all due respect?

I beg to differ, with all positeness, but some vegitarians DO consume fish and even fish sauce. But your right, by definition, a vegan consumes no animals products, and thus should avoid nam plah (or fish sauce). As a vegitarian (or semi-vegitarian) for 4 years before I was a vegan for 3 years, I just want to remind that there is no absolute definition of vegitarian.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Semi-vegetarianism is a term used to describe diets that are vegetarian-based with the inclusion of occasional meat products. The term has no precise or widely accepted definition, but it usually denotes the following of a mainly vegetarian diet whilst eating meat occasionally.[1][2][3][4][5] The term is sometimes used interchangeably with flexitarianism.[6][7] Semi-vegetarian diets mainly include eating small amount of fish or chicken but avoiding red meat.

Actually I agree with you... A semi vegetarian or pescatarian consumes fish, etc. Personally, I hate labels, but the problem comes in restaurants when you order a vegetarian meal and the place thinks that fish or even chicken is ok for you. I was just pointing it out because several people on my vegetarian forums are always pointing out to watch for things in certain restaurants. If you choose to eat meat occasionally , tis none of my beeswax . :)

Off to sleep folks.. !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom