Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

So,veganloraine, if you are all vegan in your family, I know you have chickens just as pets, but what do you do with the eggs? (I eat some of mine, give some to friends, and sometimes sell 'em -- especially now that my boyfriend, who was my partner in this chicken-keeping idea in the first place, has given up eggs.)
Btw, I understand chicken math, but I don't know what to call your described problem.
wink.png
We give most of them to the neighbours as a kind of "Sorry for the daily 8am 'I LAID AN EGG!'" cluckings. :)

I could be a bit healthier! Today my anniversary, so there is this great fresh chocolate from the chocolatier downtown in my house. I had Pecan marshamellow "smores" for breakfast (pecans and marshmellows covered in dark chocolate....)

my husband and i decided over a month ago, to drop meat, dairy (except eggs), processed foods, and sugar.

we are past the point of vegetarian, but we do eat eggs (and raw honey) so technically we can't call ourselves vegans. so what do we tell people when they ask?!
personally i don't think our eating habit NEED a label, but it's just easier when people ask to use one word rather than try to explain it all

i have started blogging and vlogging about our transition.

VLOG: http://www.youtube.com/user/ourmormonlife?feature=results_main

BLOG: http://ashleewray.blogspot.com/2012/07/its-not-diet-its-lifestyle-detox.html

one thing we are having a hard time with is the teasing. its really crazy how many people make jokes and tease us about this new BETTER personal lifestyle change. anyone else deal with this?

this thread looks interesting. i'll had to read past posts.

my husband and i decided over a month ago, to drop meat, dairy (except eggs), processed foods, and sugar.

we are past the point of vegetarian, but we do eat eggs (and raw honey) so technically we can't call ourselves vegans. so what do we tell people when they ask?!
personally i don't think our eating habit NEED a label, but it's just easier when people ask to use one word rather than try to explain it all
I think your diet would be defined as a strict vegetarian.

I love how proud they are of them.
big_smile.png
Do you have a roo too? You could let her go thourgh a natural cycle of lay and hatch if she's remotely broody.
No, no roo. That would definately be pushing the neighbours!
smile.png
They were battery hens so they don't seem to get broody at all. They don't roost either. At night they sleep in a giant chicken pile in one nest box. It's cute and sad.

Hey everybody! I'm a vegetarian (was vegan) and I found out a few tips about what to eat/what not to eat. Beware of gelatin. I once heard it contains animal parts (one may be cow hide) and I haven't been eating it. I did some research on it, and plenty of websites back it up. Just figured you would want to know that because I was steamed when I found out.(Haha. 'Steamed'; veggies) Sorry. Lame joke. But anyways, it's in a lot of stuff to: certains types of jell-o (most), gummy bears/worms/sharks/exc, (pretty much anything gummy (even some vitamins; on mine it was the third ingredient down the list)

Keep up the good work guys! Resisting meat and other animal products is hard and can be tempting. I know from experiance.

I could be a bit healthier! Today my anniversary, so there is this great fresh chocolate from the chocolatier downtown in my house. I had Pecan marshamellow "smores" for breakfast (pecans and marshmellows covered in dark chocolate....)
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom