Veining at 4 days (candling) good? Weird yolk? *ADDED PICS*

Barbedwirecat

Songster
12 Years
Sep 16, 2011
Limestone
I know everyone says 7 days to see the air pocket, but I wanted to sneak a peek since I had never candled before. I candled about 5 of my eggs quickly (out of 21 or so) and all seem to have veining and a red dot (NOT a circle) in the yolk part. Is that good?

I also candled from the small end. Since the eggs are in a Autoturner positioned small end down. It seems like the yolks are all the way at the top (large end) of the eggs? and they don't seem round, they seem to be taking up just the top. They were shipped eggs. I'm worried they might have gotten knocked around to much, or maybe I'm just being paranoid?

I'm going to try for a pic, dunno how that will go.

Last edited:
Quote:
x2. My first hatch, I candled every day, just to watch the buggers grow. And thats what I saw on day 4 as well.
smile.png

OK cool, freaked me out for a second I was like "Oh noes postal delivery service scrambled my eggies!" I founf someone else on here that posted pics on day 4 and it looks exactly like them. I even see the air pocket!! (I should see that right?)

Here's some pics:

candle bottom:
photobucket-2942-1316993797638.jpg

top:
photobucket-3849-1316993893056.jpg

top side:
photobucket-3511-1316993921501.jpg

Kinda hard to see, sorry I decided to wear gloves just in case.

yeah they look great! I just took a cool video of one of mine at ten days, but i don't know if you can post those here, so I had to settle for my FB page.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom