Vent about hatching egg ads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cara, OMG you sound like you are a sidekick for Geroge Carlin! You go girl! LOL

Yes, Not just chicken stuff, but anything in genereal when people post misleading information about things. They think they 'know it all' and have BS syndrome. I probably can't type what that really means, but I'm sure you can figure it out
wink.png

I hate when someone refers to their poodle as a tiny teacup poodle! There is no such thing!
gig.gif

Quote:
Good plan. I do this with any livestock I'm interested in, whether it's in person or not.

My husband uses the adage, "Knowledge is power". If you know your stuff no one is going to pull a fast one on you. Buyer beware is right.

My point with my posts here is that not all sellers are scam artists out to screw you out of your money. Sure, there are some people like that out there, but like others here pointed out, they don't last long.

When I sell my eggs, I will say they are from SQ lines (which they are) fertility has been good (which it has) and I will have plenty of pictures posted of my birds to back it up. If someone doesn't like what they see there, they are free to go somewhere else.

Quote:
Im with Michelle on this. If you dont agree with what they say, dont complain, go find someone else with the birds! You are supposed to do your research. Jody sells stuff on eggbid, is she a bad person? Jen sells stuff on eggbid, is she a bad person?? BUYER BEWARE, BUYER BEWARE, BUYER BAWAAAAAARE!!!
roll.png

Last edited:
I wish I knew who George Carlin is LOL I'll ask my husband and then he'll laugh at how foreign I am again:p

I think the important thing to note about eggs or birds that are advertised as being from certain lines, when the breeder is not the seller, is that firstly just a couple of generations of breeding everything for a quick buck rather than to improve the breed will result in hatchery quality stock. Secondly, no breeder is going to sell their best birds, they will sell their culls. Since reputation is such an important thing in the poultry world, if you want particular bloodline buy eggs directly from the original breeder. A buyer trading off someone else's name will probably pass the buck if something unexpected crops us too. I'm just starting out with my flock, and nobody knows me from Adam. However it would still aggravate me if someone sold hatching eggs from birds they had bought from me, or birds they had bred from mine, and advertised them using my name. I doubt any breeder wants to stake their reputation on something they have no control over.

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't started this topic. It was supposed to be a light-hearted look at some of the ridiculous claims you see in adverts. It's inappropriate to bring particular sellers into the discussion, and at no point did I say that every Ebay or Eggbid seller is bad. I was actually trying to draw attention to some of the unfounded claims that can be found in ads, to stop anyone falling for them.

Last edited:
Never mind, getting too emotional in this thread(never good for an actual discussion) plus some have summed it up better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom