Vent blocked What to do.

pamelageier

In the Brooder
Sep 2, 2021
I checked my hens tonight and noticed something was wrong. She is in pain trying to poo and crying. I soaked her 20 minutes in Epson salt trying to clean it but she is stra0ining and still blocked

I checked my hens tonight and noticed something was wrong. She is in pain trying to poo and crying. I soaked her 20 minutes in Epson salt trying to clean it but she is stra0ining and still blocked
The water needs to be fairly warm for her to pass it. It shouldn't be lukewarm.

Have you given any calcium? Calcium citrate 600 mg wit vitamin d would be good. Tums if you need to substitute. Try lubricating her vent with oil, and insert a clean finger an inch or so.
Oops, just saw this was a duplicate post, and that I was on your other thread where she laid a lash egg.

The water needs to be fairly warm for her to pass it. It shouldn't be lukewarm.

Have you given any calcium? Calcium citrate 600 mg wit vitamin d would be good. Tums if you need to substitute. Try lubricating her vent with oil, and insert a clean finger an inch or so.
Oops, just saw this was a duplicate post, and that I was on your other thread where she laid a lash egg.
Yeah I don't know how I accomplished that lol. I was panicking. The first post disappeared so I reposted.

Back
Top Bottom