Vent Gleet

Louise giving me attitude

I will try and hold her still long enough to get one in the morning. I trimmed a few feathers that I couldnt get clean last week, but it didn't help much. And instead of being hot today it was 55 and raining so she didn't get a bath, so she's pretty icky. It really doesn't seem to bother her much, she eats and drinks well, sleeps on the roost and had a nice egg yesterday. No one had nice eggs today, but I think the weather change upset them all.
I didn't get home til almost 8 today, so I put probiotics in their water and gave them some scratch with pumpkin seeds tonight. I bought Safeguard and will start it tomorrow. Do you think I should throw out my batch of fermented food and start it over? Or go pack to regular food? It looks and smells ok, but maybe its the problem?

Well you asked for it, so here's the icky butt. I feel like I should have an explicit warning on this photo. Its been that way for a couple weeks. Last weeked I soaked her in some warm water and that got most of it off and then I trimmed a few feathers but it still got sticky and gross again. And she STINKS. Like way worse than normal poop. This morning I noticed my other big red chicken, Thelma, also has a bit of a racing stripe butt too. Sigh. Giving chicken baths is not fun, they just don't seem to appreciate it :)

Oh my! doesn't that hurt??? My trimming was pretty haphazard because she really didn't want me messing around back there. How on earth do you get them to sit for that?

Back
Top Bottom