Vent issues in rooster ! !!!Graphic photos!!!

Well I soaked him again today and tried to pick some of it out and now it's bleeding really bad. I literally moved a chunk , saw blood and stopped! I'm so lost I don't know what to do! I got mineral oil today and gave him coconut oil chunks yesterday, non yet today... I just lost 10 chickens due to another illness, Im tired of losing them!
:hugs Don't give up!

Sorry that he bled. Was the chunk that you removed, tissue or hardened droppings? Has the bleeding stopped? Pressure to the area may help stop it. Is he having any results in the coconut or other oil? Poor guy is having a time.

Sorry that he bled. Was the chunk that you removed, tissue or hardened droppings? Has the bleeding stopped? Pressure to the area may help stop it. Is he having any results in the coconut or other oil? Poor guy is having a time.
I ended up not removing anything but it was from the center of the mass so it's quite confusing as to why it bled... I thought it was just hard droppings .. I had put him back in the water till it stopped bleeding, put some antifungal spray on it ( I hope that was not bad) and covered it with petroleum jelly... I just checked and the swelling around it looks as if it's gone down! Unfortunately the mass is still there , gross I'm sorry but it kinda looks like a plate in a sock ... Best way to describe it ... I haven't noticed anything with the oil but I'll keep trying!

I ended up not removing anything but it was from the center of the mass so it's quite confusing as to why it bled... I thought it was just hard droppings .. I had put him back in the water till it stopped bleeding, put some antifungal spray on it ( I hope that was not bad) and covered it with petroleum jelly... I just checked and the swelling around it looks as if it's gone down! Unfortunately the mass is still there , gross I'm sorry but it kinda looks like a plate in a sock ... Best way to describe it ... I haven't noticed anything with the oil but I'll keep trying!
This sounds as if the original cause could have been a prolapse possibly from constipation that now turned necrotic.

Back
Top Bottom