Vent problems

beth123

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 1, 2008
Hi I am new to this forum.
I have 6 chickens and 1 rooster.
One of my 8 mo. old chickens has had white stuff coming out of her vent for about a week I picked her up to take a look and her vent just did not look right it has swelling and looks almost like it is torn and smells bad. I have been cleaning it every day and puting ontment on it. I have seen her poop and it looks fine I dont know if she is still laying or not. Some one said maby she had an egg brake in her.other then this she acts fine she is eating and drinking all my other chickens are fine. I dont know what to do for her every one I have talked to have never had this problem.
I am hopeing some one can help me.

Thank you. Beth

Beth,
Maybe she has a prolapsed vent. I put info on my experience with it on this website. I haven't had any problem with it reoccuring since, & I caught it just in time!

IF ALL ARE FINE, THIS COULD JUST BE FROM BREEDING?
Happens a lot is some fowl, but It bares watching till you know for sure. Tha USAD has local poultry assit Doctors here in south Georgia.
Contact your local vet and see if such a place is near you.
There are just too many potential causes. These guys will test and tell you exactly what the problem is, if there is a illness involved.
Good luck
Aubrey

Back
Top Bottom