Vent protection from blowing snow

Pics
Very clever! I remember seeing this a while back, thinking it was a good idea, but then I completely forgot about it. Worth a try! Do you leave the furnace filler there all winter, or do you only put it up for storms?
I'm in CT & made it thru the storm with a foot or so of snow, not quite as bad as you had it! Anyway, I use @aart's trick with the filter & had no snow in either coop. I leave it up all winter but take it out in the summer. I would think if the ventilation is easy enough to reach you could just stuff it in when blowing snow is coming, if it's hard to reach just leave it up.

I'm in CT & made it thru the storm with a foot or so of snow, not quite as bad as you had it! Anyway, I use @aart's trick with the filter & had no snow in either coop. I leave it up all winter but take it out in the summer. I would think if the ventilation is easy enough to reach you could just stuff it in when blowing snow is coming, if it's hard to reach just leave it up.
It's easy to reach, but I might still just leave it up there all winter if it won't hurt. I don't like making unnecessary work for myself :D

In my defense I don't have any traditional coops so ya I don't usually think of those vents when I see the word on here.
Don't feel bad, Moony, in all honesty I came to this thread thinking kinda the same thing, wondering if she was putting flannel diapers on her birds. GMTA? :lau

Don't feel bad, Moony, in all honesty I came to this thread thinking kinda the same thing, wondering if she was putting flannel diapers on her birds. GMTA? :lau
Wind blows right through flannel. You'd need to cut up a windbreaker jacket to make those diapers if you want them to work :p Gotta know your winds!

Back
Top Bottom