Vent - Yellow crust

Did she have the Fluconozole orally?

The white pasty material looks like vent gleet now. You have been applying yeast medication topically daily to the vent and she was also treat for sour crop right?

Is she back with the flock? Do you have a rooster? If you do, does he have vent gleet too?

Did she have the Fluconozole orally?
No, we did the miconazole externally. The whole flock got wormed two days ago along with some Hen Boost in their waterer but nothing else otherwise.

The white pasty material looks like vent gleet now. You have been applying yeast medication topically daily to the vent and she was also treat for sour crop right?

Is she back with the flock? Do you have a rooster? If you do, does he have vent gleet too?
This one was not treated for sour crop, she only had the yellow crust around her vent/vent feathers but wasn't showing any other symptoms. Sour crop girl is back with the flock and doing well, she was treated with miconazole internally as it was all I had access to at that point.

We have ketaconazole tablets now that I was going to treat her with. 200mg tablets broken into 6ths ~30mg as there is some crumbling when they are cut.

No rooster, only 12 other pullets. No one else has any abnormal vent activity nor any other crop issues.

The whole flock got wormed two days ago along with some Hen Boost

No, we did the miconazole externally. The whole flock got wormed two days ago along with some Hen Boost in their waterer but nothing else otherwise.
What did you deworm with?

Are you giving Hen Boost all the time? Do they have plain water too?

What did you deworm with?Are you giving Hen Boost all the time? Do they have plain water too?

Picture below of what I used. This was all the local stores had for poultry and it's the first time we've wormed them before (9mos) but it popped up on a bunch of threads on here so I figured I should do it as a precautionary even if I didn't see worms myself.

Hen Boost is in only one of the waterers, the second has plain water so they can choose. They also like to drink the puddles of melting ice.

20220121_194236.jpg

Back
Top Bottom