Venting about neighbors dogs please ignore.

Quote:
Oh boy howdy! I can reassure #2! We have a BEAR shocker fence. I was spraying my horse on a hot day with the hose, forgot it was there, reached over to pet her... it felt like someone took a shotgun to my heart.

But to the OP, call animal control. It's not right that YOU have to control your NEIGHBORS's dogs. Also, you have the right to shoot them. I've told my neighbors up front that I WILL shoot and kill their dogs if they come near my birds. I caught one of their dogs digging at my coop... he ran away fast enough but I shot the gun just to let the neighbor know. Haven't had a problem since.

thank you speckledhen. My blood pressure was off the charts, as it sounds like roosterjerry's is. I'm not willing to take the political risk of an SSS yet with these new neighbors. But my blood pressure is returning to normal now that I know that idea in my mind was not entirely out of bounds. Thank you.

I agree life is crazy for lots of people right now. And I believe people are basically good, but these times seem to make these situatations much more complicated than they were in the past. I am sure they need thier pets for comfort. Unfortunately, I really need my flock to prove me food. I am better now. thanks to all of you.

I have dogs and I don't even know what i would want to do to them if they got ahold of my birds!!! I don't think it's right that you have to put up with others people stupidity and not keeping their dogs up. Its not the dogs fault but I would still do the old SSS

You're welcome.
smile.png
Hope you resolve this issue so no more birds are lost. Everyone has to make their own decisions about this, I know. Good luck. Let us know what happens with the neighbors.

Quote:
Some people have captured the dogs, then taken them to a pound/shelter, sometimes in another county. Animal control is great, if that is available to you. It can be an expensive message for people to whom the pets really are important. But then I would control any animals that were important to me.

I had a little beagle that used to escape now and then when we lived in the country. She came home one day with limburger cheese rubbed all over her body. That made us realize she was pestering someone and we worked harder to keep her home. It was also h-ll to clean her and get the smell out.

Not sure you could catch these dogs and do the same but it worked.

Peggy

Wisefool - I sympathize with you; it's very frustrating to have to try to control other's animals. I have a question though - several times you mentioned them not getting the "hint." Have you ever directly spoken to them about the trouble their dogs are causing? It probably won't help, but I find that few people actually get "hints"; it's much better to speak directly to them, in a friendly way, expressing your concerns - not "keep you *)#^ dogs away." I had a problem with a neighbors dogs - the first few times they came over, I caught the dog and called the owner to come get their dog. After the fourth time, I caught the dog and called the animal shelter to pick it up. This happened two more times before they figured out it was cheaper to keep their dog contained. Haven't seen him on my property for almost a year now (and yes, they do still have him). Good luck working this out.
Liz

Back
Top Bottom