Vents? What kind and how many??

Alleychick

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Northern Indiana
hey all i need some help about ventilation. I just bought a metal 10X16 lofted yard barn. It has no vents but it does have two windows. Im dividing the building into two sections, the front half is for storange and what not and the back half is for my 7 hens. The two windows are centerd in the back half for the girls. Now my question is what kind of vents can i make or buy to vent it? Ive looked all over the coop section to see how other did theres but didnt have much luck. Any help would be great.

I built a 6 X 8 coop and after some research, I placed one aluminum mushroom vent in the roof and a screened vent about 4 X 15 on the top of my side access door. Keeping them high avoids drafts in the cold weather. Those two vents in conjunction with the opening window has, so far, kept things dry and comfortable for my 8 feather merchants.

Quote:
Alleychick I tried one of those vents on our coop and ended up scraping it and making wall vents just below the roof. I'm a pretty fair hand when it comes to the building trades but I could never get that darn vent to quit leaking(sometimes it poured in!).

Just my experience,others may have had better luck.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom