**verdict in post 64* ANOTHER UPDATE POST 101 101

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Dar, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    My son and I are facing a court battle... we are the victims of crime and because there is a publication ban protecting my sons identity i cant really go into detail

but I can tell you that the accused has been convicted of this crime 2X before and beat it once before
    he was found and pled guilty to having unfavorable images on his computer

Today was day 1 of the trial... jury selection the accused has chosen judge and jury trial

Jury selection was completed I am not so sure on her choice though one looks like he is counting the dots on the ceiling tile and one is looking like he thought this was the bus station (totally clueless)

I had to testify today and i think it went well under the cross the defense was grasping at straws if you ask me... but hey... who am I right

My son has to start tomorrow....

the accused wife is taking the stand and i dont know why she was never there when the crime was committed... but whatever maybe as a character reference

Best case scenario is we will be sending the jury to deliberate by noon on Thursday.... worst case they will be sent on Tuesday when we return from thanksgiving... (remember we are Canadian)

I am kinda freaked out... this has been 3 years of pretrial crap... its about time to be over!

so thanks everyone for keeping us in our thoughts and prayers

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Praying for your best outcome. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I think i know what case your talking about.. I remember you mentioning it to me before..
    I REALLY hope that this person gets a conviction... [​IMG]
    And [​IMG] to you all.

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    UGH Sounds like a mess! Hope it's over soon and shows favorable to your sons side hun! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Best Wishes Dar,

Imp

6. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:yes same one red

7. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG] for a good outcome.

8. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    prayers and thoughts are being sent your way.

9. ChickensRCool

ChickensRCool Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Alaska
    Prayers sent
    [​IMG]

10. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    You absolutely have my prayers! Trust your jury. If you canadians have the same voir dir system we have here, which you would not have attended, your attorney, if he or she is worth their salt, should have selected good people even if the don't "look" like they are. I know I sat on a jury for a very serious crime once and I was very impressed by my fellow jurors, even the ones that I initially would have dismissed based on looks or lifestyle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by