Vermont

I got lucky with the pictures this week. Normally they don't stand still long enough for me to focus!

My girls live in the lower part of an ancient bank barn. Their coop is a converted stall and their run is "everywhere else", limited when the barn door is closed of course. So they voluntarily spent the day indoors until close to 6PM when it wasn't raining much anymore.

Anybody interested in a silkie rooster? Not aggressive, good with the hens, just too many roos over here.

Poor Red, my Rhode Island Red hen, has to retire from her life of free ranging today. She's one of my sweetest hens so it makes me sad for her but she has developed a cataract over one eye and seems to have lost vision in it entirely. She was acting erratically, moving her head around a lot trying to see. She couldn't find the feed on the ground and she kept walking up to other birds and bumping into them, which they took as aggression so they then went after her. I'm trying to integrate her into the cemani flock so she can spend the rest if her life in a safe run. The feeder and waterer will also always be in the same spot so she'll know where to go to eat and drink. I had to show her the feeder so she could eat. I hope she's able to adjust. If not, I'll have to put her down. I'm not gonna let her starve to death if she can't find the feeder every day.

Last edited:
Awe.... poor Red ! Well, let her try - they can often be very adaptable.

On another note - my mom left just this morning .... it was not the best visit .... for her and us ..... but she is getting older - so glad she came out.

Bakin must be done with her meatie birds now ! I wanted to go out there yesterday, but .. well . family .... ha ha

We have to get together soon - and I have to get Billy to Bakin and his new home before winter !!! :)

It's a bit late in the day, but Photo Friday!

One of my young frizzles:

The foliage on my road is just stunning this year:

Girls ! First off - we way need to get together soon !!!
lol.png
It has been too long !

Second - can I bug you both to leave a nice review for that book? Write in your owns words - what you liked ect .... it doesn't have to show the book is perfect - but just touch on highlights ...

Reason - the author will be having a book signing I think Wed and the reviews will be helpful for any searches he gets after the book signing .... http://www.amazon.com/Feel-Good-Aff...45257144&sr=8-1&keywords=the+feel+good+affair

Back
Top Bottom