Vermont

FunnyBird

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 26, 2010
Well here is my first post on this lovely forum.
thumbsup.gif

I am about to get my first fertile eggs to incubate! This is the first time I will have had chickens since I was a kid.

I went Agway today to get some live chicks as well, but it turns out they didn't have any (even though yesterday on the phone they said they did
he.gif
). Needless to say my little kids are sad.
hit.gif

If anyone is in southern Vermont near Bratt and has any young
jumpy.gif
's for sale let me know. I am looking for some RI Reds or any other good layers.

Talk to you all later!
wee.gif

Here
9 of my new babies. I currently have 30 plus meat birds, and 6 turkeys. These guys will be joining a flock of 13 layers and a rooster, one Peking duck and 1 mallard.

Last edited:
next week i will have pics too, and Burleigh noticed i have been down about the Millies and MJ, so this morning he said, and i quote "maybe we should get ducks"
wee.gif
now to get working on all the projects we already have

Whoot ! which hen did it come from do you think ???

OK - Picture FRIDAY !!!!
First one a Millie pic from 2 years ago - teen millie.

COLO from a Year ago - sniff - still feel his loss.

COLO's Momma :) Don't know why - but the older pics grabbed my attention today. :)

Photo Friday! This is where one of my orps has decided to go broody:

Some pictures I took of Chickpea while she was on my lap. For some reason, she is always photogenic.

A buff in the pool as it was filling. They're getting more trusting of me. I think the bread the other day helped.

It's not Friday but we missed it this week so....photo Tuesday!

Splish splash! All three geese now share the pool. Here's just the two juveniles enjoying the fresh water right after a pool change.

One of this year's ayam cemani juveniles that I marked as a keeper. Looking really good! I think this one is a pullet.

PHOTO FRIDAYS !!!!! Pyxis started this on another thread - and it is so fun - I am doing it here - it can be chicken and poultry of course !!!!

But also just a fun random pic too...... so here is one of my lovely little mare .....

Back
Top Bottom