Vermont

Anything new or exciting happening lately?

I've been hatching some goslings, which is always fun! Not keeping any of them, but they all have good homes lined up. And one of my females is on an egg that should be hatching soon, so I have to partition off part of the coop for her and the baby until it gets about a week old and I'm comfortable letting her take it outside.

I also have several hatches of chickens coming up, the soonest being this Friday, so the eggs went into lockdown today.

Some gosling pictures:

Wow that's really awesome. Please let me know if you have any still available. I'm looking for some ducks or hens. Thank you for sharing. I love the pictures.

I'll definitely have ducks :) I'm going to be hatching as soon as the lazy birds start laying.

Im currently still doing repairs on my coop. Unfortunately the bad weather we keep having lately has been slowing me down. Going to expand the chickens yard area. Want them to have more room to roam.lots of work and projects going on!

this is one of our hens, Jasmine (Jazzy). She's a brahma. She is a beautiful bird and a great layer. Our 8 mixed breed chickens are her babies. They are now a year old. I'm not sure how old Jasmine is I think maybe a little over 2.

this is one of our mixed breed roosters. One of Jasmine's sons. He's a year old. Very unique and beautiful. I love the coloring. I call the roosters fire chickens because of the coloring lol. He's half brahma and I'm not sure what else. I'm still trying to figure out what breed his father was. I think possibly black Australorp but still unsure. Some of the roosters inherited jazzy's fluffy feet. Some have black feet and beaks and some have yellow feet and beaks.

I will post more pictures soon of some of the rest of our flock. More roosters and hens. I believe we have 11 or 12 chickens altogether. We used to have a lot more and some ducks. We lost some before we moved to predators and most of the ducks flew away. Before we moved back to Vermont to where I'm from they all used to free roam. Now the don't because I don't feel it's safe for them to free roam in this area. I live near the national Forest and there's lots of predators and my yard is bordering the woods. We have black bears etc. That walk right into the yard. I take lots of precautions though and haven't lost any birds since living here. They are very safe in the coop.

this is one of our hens. One of Jasmine's daughters. Mixed breed, half brahma. She's black like the father with a nice tint of green. All of Jasmine's daughters are the same color. But some have fluffy feet some don't. And like the roosters, their brothers, some have black feet and beaks and some have yellow feet and beaks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom