Vermont

Hi All,

I have lavender ameraucana chicks available. They are about a month old, off the heat lamp and outside. $6 each, straight run. Located near Springfield, VT.

I've got a horse saddle - brand new and a primary blue (true blue) colored NEW in bag saddle blanket with nubbs and a fancy matching true blue halter for sale .... well over 50% off new cost .... Changed color scheme in mid purchase ! You know how that goes

Lilacs are starting to bud out ! that is the best part of mud season ....

Hey all !!

I don't want to make this the What I have to sell or trade thread .... but if no one else posts chats - there is not much to play off of ...

So - my chickens are doing fine - gettting in some free range time over the weekend as it is finally warm enough to check on them often.

AND here it is .... the offer part ...

What I have is a Black Copper Marans Roo - Proven and just over one year (some odd months) .... He is people friendly. He has done his job with my flock and need to move him on. He stamped his coloring and feathered feet well on his babies.

He is a BIG boy and also a quality boy - from Bev Davis lines - so can make olive eggers and very dark egg layers for you.

What I want - maybe the odd feeder or waterer,
of course; always pullets (I do only backyard flock - so can take show culls)
or money - make an offer - I'm not looking to wait to get the absolutely most I can from him ....
if you have extra odd chicken supplies around - make an offer.

Yes ! I'd love the vermont thread to start getting some action ....

I have berries, nut trees, horses, beef cow and lots of chickens :)

I try to garden - but fall flat every - single - year !

So - share what you do or are interesting in ..... welcome.

Im trying to grow some vegetables for the first time. I have leaf lettuce, brocolli, assorted bell peppers, red cherry heirloom tomatoes, chives, and basil. I may have started too late so my tomatoes and peppers i dont think ill see until next year. But i may have everything else. My broccoli looks a little in trouble so im hoping i can save them. Lettuce looks good though. Think ill have late summer batches. My dad lives in whitehall, ny and said his new apt can have chickens. So researching which breeds will be beat for this area. Im thinking about dominique, barred plymouth rock, speckled sussex, and/pr wyandottes. What kind do you have?

I started with mixes of everything :) Because I liked so many I couldn't choose - now I have settled on Marans and Easter Eggers.

Since you want specific breeds - you may not be interested - but I have 5 adult hens that are just one year and started to lay just 2 months ago - Most people sell adult hens that are over 2 years old and have started to slow down on their laying .... these let you skip the hard and no egg back period of the first 8-9 months :)

I got more peeps hatched out this spring than I planned - and wouldn't you know it - they all lived and thrived...... so I have 2 Columbian rocks, 2 easter eggers and one Welsummer (very dark egg)
$7 each .... sounds like a lot - but they already know each other, they lay every day and are young.

OK - didn't mean that for a selling pitch !

I often go into Rutland - which is near where you live and White Hall :) Nice area - not too far north - but not south either.

I wish I could get my veggies to take off - but I just don't have the touch. Maybe I am not patient enough - but I don't get the hang of weeding - I try but I literally have to sit on the ground and pull - which only does a small area ..... and as I scoot along I get ticked off and quit. I can't get a hoe to work right - I don't mangle my plants but I also don't mangle the weeds!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom