Vermont

I was actually going to ask you if you had any staarted pullets or young hens for sale. I just dont know how many ill be allowed to get or what kind of chickens my dads new neighbors already have. My dad is going to help them put the fence up because for now they have theirs kept in a barn. So ill run the breeds you have by my dad and see what he says. Im actually about to weed out this old planting box my mom has on my porch and transplant my plants today. All ive been doing is watering them. While they were seeda my mom picked on me calling a good little seed tender because i would warm the water in the microwave and spoon it on lol. Not all pof my seeds broke ground but atleast half of each i planted grew. Some have died now because oi didnt add soil as they grew so the stalks tipped over and pinched off. Ive been putting it off because im lazy and have 2 young children, plus the heat. But if i dont do it ill lose all my broccoli. So now or never!!!!

ha ha good for you - I may borrow that warming the water idea for next year - maybe get some better starts !!!

Yah, no pressure -see if any of those sound appealing but if not - tell me what he likes and I can help you find some other breeds that may give him the egg color or hen / feather color he is looking for.

Oddly - my personal hang up is leg/feet color .... I just hate that bright yellow color (one reason the Welsummer can go) I like the grey to dark ones .... I don't even know why .... but there you go.

My dad likes large brown eggs and i want something pretty to look at. Id also someday maybe like to get into showing and get my daughter into it too. Shes got a few years before that happens. But id love to show speckled sussex, and i heard theyre a great breed for kids. But i heard ee are very diverse in color. Ill definitely keep you posted. And $7 sounds great. Beat price ive heard for hens thus far. Where do you live?. Id love to take a trip someday and see your set up if thats cool with you. You can pm that info if you want.

I have some lovely boys, free to a good home. Located near Springfield, VT.

~ Partridge Cochin
~ Barred Olive Egger
~ Barred Easter Egger / Ameraucana
~ Porcelain D'Uccle
~ Silver Laced Wyandotte

I love how the porcelain coloring comes out ! he must be beautiful.

What would a porcelain crossed with a millie give off ???

I only have millie hens.

I love how the porcelain coloring comes out ! he must be beautiful.

What would a porcelain crossed with a millie give off ???

I only have millie hens.
He is stunning! I have the parent birds, or I would keep him! I believe crossing him with Mille hens would give you black patterned gold mille fleur.

Hello! I'm technically in NY, but right smack dab on the border, and I work in VT and do pretty much everything else in VT too because really it's closer to me than anything in NY is, so while I'm not technically in Vermont, I feel like I am! I will be moving officially into Vermont this year or next anyway :) I raise chickens, ducks, geese, quail, and guinea fowl.

If you are moving here - they you should post here !

I think we should list what we possibly may have for sale and what we want ....

I will have Millie flur D'Uccle hatching eggs (bantam sized chickies)
I have Marans - no hatching eggs until I find an unrelated roo
I have a very hardy strain of backyard chickens so will have hatching eggs from them for sale in spring.

Non-Chicken - I have space in my pasture for 1 or 2 horses to board here - but I've taken in the past - so we have to meet and talk and make sure we are on the same page. I offer it for $150 per horse plus you pay for hay - but the pasture is big so horses are only on hay during deep winter and muddy spring.

am looking for a BC Marans rooster - will trade snack crackers and such for him - not in the market to pay yet

I'm headed into Rutland's Farmer's Market this morning ..... it is WAY too crowded to be fun anymore - they have out grown their spot ! which is great .... except they need a new spot for next year

I'll have to go to that sometime. I bet they have some good stuff, even if they are overcrowded now. I bet it's better when they can be outside. In other news, my five gallon waterer actually froze over in the chick coop, which has two heat lamps in it, and even those weren't enough, so now I've had to buy a water heater. It's COLD!

Back
Top Bottom