Vermont

It is just way too hot here lately. Today I managed to move all my chicks out of my workshop and into the coops, so no more chicks underfoot while I'm trying to work! I have one broody with three chicks who I just feel so bad for in this heat since she can't move around like the other birds can to get cool, and one broody on the nest who I'm sure really isn't pleased with the heat.

PICTURE FIRDAY!

I held off on the pictures from Monday
wink.png
10 weeks old:

Easter eggers:

Easter Egger and White Rock:

White Rock and Black Jersey Giant:

Foraging:

I think those girls might need a fan, and maybe some cute drinks with umbrellas ;)

Lol! Well they're getting watermelon and a new pool, they'll have to be happy with that!

Nice pictures Bruce! How are you and the flock holding up in the heat? I'll get some pictures up later!

How about something a little different? Here's my beardie modeling her witch's outfit:

And to keep the chicken theme, I'm feeling a little nostalgic today, so here's Honey, my first rooster. I miss him, he was a good boy. I'm so glad I have his son.

Oh, and cute little painting on slate a coworker gave me for my desk:

LOVE the pics - always do!

Say do any of you know if chickens are ok to put in a new area that some - very little - but some - poison ivy ??? Will it hurt them? I am SOOOOO alergic I can spot that evil weed a mile off ..... and it spots me too !!! So I know there a very small clump in the area I want to put some chickies into

Back
Top Bottom