Vermont

Pics

Is anybody interested in some ayam cemani chicks? A little pink on the toes (this will darken up as they age), so not really the best for breeding, but still very pretty. I've got a few that I can't keep for my breeding flock and need to find a good home :)

Love those Red Star Sex Link hens - My first chickens and they were so sweet.

Just let the Silver Spitzh out of their breeder pen into the main flock - that went pretty well :) A little rooster fight - but nothing more than some bumps.

I'm looking to expand my flock a tad bit at the end of the summer. I am thinking about Buff Orpington, Wyandotte, maybe black sex link. Has anyone started chicks in late summer in our climate?

I'm looking to expand my flock a tad bit at the end of the summer. I am thinking about Buff Orpington, Wyandotte, maybe black sex link. Has anyone started chicks in late summer in our climate? 

I've done it lots of times. I've also hatched and raised chicks in the dead of winter. That I don't recommend :p They all did fine but that was a lot of work out in the cold.

Thanks-- I'm also concerned about ordering thru the mail-- I only want about 5-6 chicks. I'll work it out somehow!! I have a vacation coming up and don't want to get chicks before the vacation as it's a lot to ask a neighbor to care for chicks!

Thanks-- I'm also concerned about ordering thru the mail-- I only want about 5-6 chicks. I'll work it out somehow!!   I have a vacation coming up and don't want to get chicks before the vacation as it's a lot to ask a neighbor to care for chicks! 

I've got a mail order coming in this week - they usually do okay :) Where are you ordering from?

Back
Top Bottom