Vermont

Pics
Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

Hey! So excited to see many Vermonters!!!I'm from Rutland county
1f60a.png

Hi there! We live half an hr away from Ludlow, in N. Clarendon (the smallest size dot on the map)...we recently tried out a fun little Mexican eatery in Ludlow, well, AFTER we tried out the ice cream cone place!

Now with cold weather upon us, I'm still trying to get all our spuds dug (gee, it sounds like I'm obsessed with food!)

I'm so delighted to see this Vermont thread, 'cause I didn't know there was one. I was about to start one once everybody got past Halloween. This is more of a treat than a trick!
. Hi I'm from Tinmouth

Hey there, Booted Hen, welcome! We're practically neighbors! I drive through Tinmouth often, especially when they have those terrific concerts at the Firehall. Booted Hen is such a neat name and brings to mind some old rooster episodes when we were both clamoring to be the boss. (I won)
The next few nights will be cold ones for "the girls". Good thing they're wearing little down parkas.

oh! This is where I wanted it to go! Haha
Hey there, Booted Hen, welcome! We're practically neighbors! I drive through Tinmouth often, especially when they have those terrific concerts at the Firehall. Booted Hen is such a neat name and brings to mind some old rooster episodes when we were both clamoring to be the boss. (I won)
The next few nights will be cold ones for "the girls". Good thing they're wearing little down parkas.
I'm still getting use to how the thread thing works. Im not sure where my comments will end up lol. I have a mixed flock with 16 hens and one rooster. I'm blessed with eggs these winter days! I get about 12 a day
1f389.png
my rooster is a handsome Dark Brahama and I couldn't be happier with my gentle giant.
1f413.png
my girls consist of a white Silki, 2EEs, 3 Dark Bahamas, 1barred rock, and a bunch of Dark Brahama crosses. How about you? How many girls in your flock?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a good source for pullets in the Spring? We had an unfortunate incident with a loose dog busting into our pen and taking out six productive hens. I'm trying to get them replaced as soon as possible and would prefer to avoid raising chicks this year.

Back
Top Bottom