Vermont

Pics
Does anyone have a good source for pullets in the Spring? We had an unfortunate incident with a loose dog busting into our pen and taking out six productive hens. I'm trying to get them replaced as soon as possible and would prefer to avoid raising chicks this year.

Not sure where you're located, but some of the Agways offer pullets. I can't remember if they only sell them later in the season though (basically the unsold chicks I guess). Might be worth checking though.

I Live in waterbury VT

Welcome to the thread! Is this your first year with chickens? I have a friend who may take your roosters if you have any, but she will eat them. Also if you are unable to find homes for them, VINS takes them to feed to the raptors. From what I understand they are humanely euthanized first.

Last edited:
I am fine with them being eaten, I just didn't want to do that part. I would get to attached to kill them myself.
smile.png

That's helpful to know about VINS - do they accept the occasional adult hen?
roll.png
(If "the girls" don't stop destroying my perennials, I'd like to have a handy threat for them!)
he.gif

That's helpful to know about VINS - do they accept the occasional adult hen? :rolleyes: (If "the girls" don't stop destroying my perennials, I'd like to have a handy threat for them!) :he  

I think they take any birds at all. And better yet, it counts as a donation so you can use it as a tax write off too. Lol, I know what you mean, I like to threaten some of my girls with becoming soup from time to time (not that I could ever go through with it :p).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom