Vermont

Pics
Shameless bump!

Are you on Facebook? If so, Denise Mattimore Fahey may have some Sapphire pullets left. They lay a lot of blue eggs, and, as a bonus, they have little crests :) She's also NPIP certified and I have bought from her so I can attest her flock is disease free.

All of the Silkies I got this year turned out to be roosters. I really want some hens, but I’m concerned that it may be too late this year to start over with chicks (?). I don’t have an incubator or a broody hen, so hatching eggs are out.

I’m in Central Vermont. Anyone have suggestions on where to look and/or should I plan to hold out until spring?

All of the Silkies I got this year turned out to be roosters. I really want some hens, but I’m concerned that it may be too late this year to start over with chicks (?). I don’t have an incubator or a broody hen, so hatching eggs are out.

I’m in Central Vermont. Anyone have suggestions on where to look and/or should I plan to hold out until spring?
I'm can hook you up with 2 olive egger pullets when mom decides she's had enough. Not silkies but...

I don't have room for all she hatched. I need another coop and tha is t happening till next year

I've been saying for the past 2 months one of our polish is a boy and today I confirmed it. He has spurs coming in. Sad he such a playful little fella but I only have 2 coops and a copper marans roo in each. If anyone is in the market... I may convince my other half that the polish should be kept together and send the pullet with him. Her eggs are cream not white. Hatchery stock. Not my breeding focus. Thought they would make good lawn ornaments but 1 will never lay an egg.

This will be our first winter with our five pullets, where can I find straw for an insulation layer on their coop floor? We are in the northwest corner of the state.

Any other tips for our pending winter is appreciated.
Best,
Joy

Back
Top Bottom