Very aggressive rooster

We had the same problem with our rooster. He was very violent and would really hurt you. He also tore up the chickens backs. We tried training him and just about everything we could but he had gone after my daughters eye and I have young nephews who he could have really hurt. We (my husband) slaughtered him Sunday and we were still very upset. Unfortunately you just cant save a violent rooster. I'm so sorry you are faced with this.

We had the same problem with our rooster. He was very violent and would really hurt you. He also tore up the chickens backs. We tried training him and just about everything we could but he had gone after my daughters eye and I have young nephews who he could have really hurt. We (my husband) slaughtered him Sunday and we were still very upset. Unfortunately you just cant save a violent rooster. I'm so sorry you are faced with this.
The compensation is that you can make some really tasty chicken soup.

I don't enjoy culling my extra roo's even when they are nasty (the options are limited), but out of respect for them I feel like it's more respectful of the life they gave to do it as humanely as possible and to use them for sustaining life (food) rather than to just throw them out and waste them. That is my mind set when it has to be done.

Reflecting on my roo that was a jerk, it started because the hens all ran to me when they saw me.
He attacked from the front and when that didn't work, he attacked from out of my sight. Too bad for him that I have exceptional hearing.
Broom training worked but I don't always carry a broom so then started educating with my feet. Yes, I am an ex speedball player. Yes, I chased him 6 to 60 feet depending on severity of attack and how many times he came back prior to leaving.
He was never a pet. He was one of 55 chicks and lived with other cockerels from 2 to 5 months. He was never the only roo with the hens.
Chickens had 10x20 coop, 20x20 run and free ranged every eve and all day weekends. 22 hens and 2 roos. He would not protect the hens like the other roo did. Every other roo that I have had has been good.
When he eyed my 4 year old grandson, I made that decision: chicken soup

i have a problem and need a solution. I have a very aggressive rooster he attacks us every time we go into the yard. You need to be armed with a rake or something because he is coming for you. He won’t even let my dog go outside - she is terrified of him. I’ve tried to find him a home but who would want him? I’m tired of feeling like I’m a hostage in my own yard. Suggestions?
Click-click-BOOM. SSS

Back
Top Bottom