Very aggressive rooster

Pics

bobertyork

Chirping
12 Years
Jan 23, 2009
Atlanta GA
i have a problem and need a solution. I have a very aggressive rooster he attacks us every time we go into the yard. You need to be armed with a rake or something because he is coming for you. He won’t even let my dog go outside - she is terrified of him. I’ve tried to find him a home but who would want him? I’m tired of feeling like I’m a hostage in my own yard. Suggestions?

A crockpot is the only solution.

Easiest way to catch him is to pull him off the roost after dark and deposit him in a crate. Process him the next day. If you can't dispatch him (I do understand if you can't) then see if you find someone who can do it for you. A friend, neighbor, local hunter or even a local poultry processor. Until you can arrange for processing he should be confined to a crate/run so he can't harm anyone.

Agree with previous posts, I don't keep mean roosters, and I don't rehome them unless the recipient is really aware of what they are getting. Most people don't keep them, and don't want them. There are too many good roosters to keep the nasty ones. This is why so many roo's get named 'Lucifer'. I've also processed some very beautiful cockerels that did not have beautiful personalities. If you don't have children or pets, some people put up with them. Not worth it to me.

i have a problem and need a solution. I have a very aggressive rooster he attacks us every time we go into the yard. You need to be armed with a rake or something because he is coming for you. He won’t even let my dog go outside - she is terrified of him. I’ve tried to find him a home but who would want him? I’m tired of feeling like I’m a hostage in my own yard. Suggestions?
Rooster and dumplings

When my RIR got horribly aggressive, I flat out beat the crap out of him everyday. I had brooms and rakes, I even used my big boots. it may have been cruel, but that taught him to fear me. Never had a problem after that week.
If you're not attached to him, then just get rid of him. I work hard to keep my roosters in line, but I also spend 60% of my day out there making sure they're behaving. If you just want to spend a few minutes outside and can't because of his attacking, then you'll be better off removing him from your flock.
You can spray him with a hose too If you've got a high powered one.

Eat him. Sooner is better. Your crockpot is your friend. Do not pawn this rooster off onto someone else. Bear in mind that although he is small compared to you, he can still injure you or someone else. You can buy an awful lot of chicken feed for the price of one visit to the ER.

Back
Top Bottom