VERY deformed eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Keatonsmommy, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Keatonsmommy

Keatonsmommy New Egg

Feb 3, 2014
    One of my girls has been looking pretty sick lately (pale and lethargic). I thought maybe she could be egg-bound, so I soaked her in warm water and have kept her inside in a small pen. She's gotten her color back and seems to be acting normal, but today I saw some very, VERY creepy eggs, or what I think are eggs. They almost look like organs...soft, but firm. She has no other symptoms and seems to be fine. I'm just very worried about these eggs. This was the first time she's laid eggs like this. She is almost a year and has been a good layer. She is a RIR. I attached pics for anyone who can help (there is pine bedding on them...sorry). Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. newchicks5

newchicks5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    wi
    it looks like she might of had some internal laying ,but she geting it out thats good if iam right ,but keep a i on her.

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    They look like lash eggs. It's a sign of egg yolk peritonitis. (Internal laying) Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do for her. How old is she?

4. Cooper Farms

Cooper Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    new sharon ia
    Those r some crazy looking eggers. Sorry I don't have any help but keep us posted

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by