Very happy new chicken owner!! :)

CassandraMarie

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 8, 2014
Washington
Hello everyone, My name is Cassie and I live in the beautiful state of Washington. We moved to the country a little over a year ago, and I began to dream of having chickens! I wanted to start off small, so this year I finally went out and bought four baby chicks, built a brooder out of an old dresser for them, and took care of them until the weather got a bit nicer. Last weekend my husband built a lovely small run, and my now 8 week old girls are happy as can be! This has been such a wonderful experience for me, and my kiddos! My hubby said he will extend our chicken area next year when I get more (because he knows I will!!) I have a Barred Rock (Clementine), a Rhode Island Red (named Donkey Kong by my youngest son ), a Silkie (named Einstein by my daughter), and an Americauna (named Darth Vader by my oldest son) :)

:welcome glad to have you here! You have a beautiful yard and chickens.:D By the way, your "Americauna" (misspelling of Ameraucana) is an Easter Egger. Hatcheries often like to call their EE crosses Ameraucanas, Araucanas, or Americanas.

Hi and :welcome

I love the names too, particularly Einstein. :lol: Your chickens look great, and their home is pretty nice as well. (nice sunshine, we haven't seen any in a while!)
Enjoy the site :D

Thank you Puddin Fluff, I'm happy to be here :). Thank you for the compliment on my yard Veer67, I suspected she was an Easter Egger, though your correction on my spelling was quite unnecessary lol.

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! Glad to have you here! See you around the forum. You have a beautiful flock.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Aww....they are adorable! Love the look on the Barred Rock. They are such cute birds! And your coop area is very cute. Looks like they will have a wonderful home!

Definitely follow the link to the learning center that Kelsie left for you. Lot of really great reads there on keeping your new flock. Welcome to our flock and enjoy yours!

Back
Top Bottom