Very Hungry - Greedy or another problem??

Iggy82

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
My 3 girls are constantly wanting scraps from us, as soon as we go near our patio doors, they run to the glass waiting and pecking at the glass!

They have plenty of standard feed which they eat no problem, there is always some left too so its not as if we are not feeding them enough. They are also wormed once per month as recommended by the worming pellets we use. I personally think they are just greedy as they all seem healthy but I wondered if anybody knows any better!?

They're pigs
lau.gif

hand outs from the house=ice cream

chicken food=broccli

think of them as kids and you will get it...and, they are chickens...they know four things without training or coaxing: eating, pooping, egg laying, clucking or crowing depending on gender...

greed is pretty much human

LOL, as I expected then! Do you think I could train them to perform tricks in order to earn the scraps!!?

Quote:
My girls do this, too. . . .the RIR "camps out" on the door mat, waiting for treats to arrive! They are spoiled rotten, but i can't really blame them. . . it is my fault!

We keep ours penned but anytime they hear the back door open they all come running out of the coop to the corner of the run closest to the door. They got a nice meaty ham bone yesterday!

Quote:
Yup mine do that...they watch me from the coop and all run to the area of the run that is straight across as possible from the window. Yesterday I went to the kitchen and glanced out the back window.... all 9 were lined up against the fence like a police lineup watching me and hopping lol Was quite funny to see them hopping in turns to get my attention lol

As soon as I open the back door they are all in the corner closest to it, singing away.. "She's got the goodies...she's got the goodies...nom nom nom nom" and all you see are little chickie tongues hanging out and drooling in anticipation. I never knew that they could lick a bowl clean....

Sigh! Same here. As soon as I go out the back door, there they are. They've developed a knack for standing right in front of me when I'm trying to walk and not moving. I've take to walking out to their pen when I have scraps for them but they haven't caught on yet. At times they'll even peck at the back door which drives the dog to barking. Or they'll come to the doggy door and make noise. The little hooligans.

Mary

Back
Top Bottom